Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i gotta stick with the reliable jap carz .. n say the rsx
Old 01-25-2005, 07:14 PM
96tegse
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT

Originally Posted by mikeyr0th
Just wondering where you got the 80% from

Also, I was just wondering why anyone would get the base model for $21.5K when they could get 40 more horses, leather interior, 6-disc and Bose all around for another 2 1/2 grand?

What is the first question that people ask when you say you have a RSX?

"Is it a type S?"

The 80% is something I read from first year (2002) production numbers - and casual observation on the street puts it at about 4 base to each S.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Also, I was just wondering why anyone would get the base model for $21.5K when they could get 40 more horses, leather interior, 6-disc and Bose all around for another 2 1/2 grand?
Most importantly, there is no automatic Type S, that wipes out half of the buyers already. Believe it or not, not everyone wants those other options, and there is also a segment that can't afford the extra $2.5k.
Originally Posted by FLip wit da Flo
mazda is not reliable at all. All mazda cars have transmission problems.
Bullshit. I've been though enough Mazdas (four myself, six others in the family) to know you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:52 AM
mikeyr0th
Part-time Hill Billy

Originally Posted by Kai
Most importantly, there is no automatic Type S, that wipes out half of the buyers already. Believe it or not, not everyone wants those other options, and there is also a segment that can't afford the extra $2.5k.Bullshit. I've been though enough Mazdas (four myself, six others in the family) to know you don't know what you're talking about.
Not saying that everyone does, but if you look at the post that I was quoting on, he was comparing mostly the same options (leather/six disc/etc) with the base, so I just said for 2.5$K more he coulda just got the S, no hids or nothing but an extra 40 horses. I really really have nothing against Mazda, and to tell you the truth I love the Rotary Engine. If this thread was the RX-8 Vs the RSX that would be a little different. But the reason that I was saying RSX is if you want to stand out from the crowd. It seems like whenever I drove down the road and saw an RSX I noticed it, base or no base. I couldn't say the same for the Mazda 3, so that's why I got my S.

Also, after driving both the base and the Type S at the dealership I can say that if you are looking for that VTEC feeling that all honda enthusiasts love, you won't get it in the base. The reason why Acura didn't produce the S in base is because the S is a high performance car and most of the audience that appeals to that type of vehicle wants it in stick.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I'm just explaining why the base model exists. If I ever bought an RSX, it would definately be an -S.
if you are looking for that VTEC feeling that all honda enthusiasts love, you won't get it in the base.
Most people buying Hondas don't know what VTEC is, much less want to feel it.
The reason why Acura didn't produce the S in base is because the S is a high performance car and most of the audience that appeals to that type of vehicle wants it in stick.
Of course, ever since the earliest days twenty-some years ago of the carburated "S" models, they've been manual. Thats a given, since you can't have a "sporty" car on a Honda slug-o-matic. The point is, there is a lot of people out there who despise manuals.

And then there is the Japanese market, where things like automatic Integra SiR-G's and automatic RX-7 GT-R/GT-X's live. Funny how that works out. :thinking:
Old 01-26-2005, 09:37 AM
96tegse
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT

Besides the $2.5K price difference, aren't Type-S's more expensive to insure than the base model?
Old 01-26-2005, 01:56 PM
mikeyr0th
Part-time Hill Billy

Originally Posted by 96tegse
Besides the $2.5K price difference, aren't Type-S's more expensive to insure than the base model?
Mine was the same, but then again, my insurance co. is good like that. When I had my V6 mustang and then traded it in for a GT it didn't go up either. I dunno about other insurances though :dunno:
Old 01-26-2005, 02:01 PM
mikeyr0th
Part-time Hill Billy

Originally Posted by Kai
Most people buying Hondas don't know what VTEC is, much less want to feel it.
Dunno about all that, if you are a honda enthusiast and don't know then you aren't a honda enthusiast LOL

Originally Posted by Kai
And then there is the Japanese market, where things like automatic Integra SiR-G's and automatic RX-7 GT-R/GT-X's live. Funny how that works out.
Yeah that makes NO SENSE!!!! LOL Why do they have those in auto LOL LOL
Old 01-27-2005, 10:22 AM
96tegse
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT

Dunno about all that, if you are a honda enthusiast and don't know then you aren't a honda enthusiast LOL
If the EP3 is any indication - honda isn't really going after the enthusiast market.

And, judging from the number of people that had D-series SOHC vtec motors that talk about "vtec power" most people don't know what it is.

"ItS gOt V-TECH, yo!"
Old 01-28-2005, 12:01 PM
maldini

We will probably see more Mazda3 since this is only the second year of this model. How many years since the RSX was first launched?