Notices

Honest opinion from Civic Si folks...Thinking of selling...

Old 07-28-2004, 07:47 AM
sideout2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honest opinion from Civic Si folks...Thinking of selling...

I want Honest answers even if you tell me i am smoking something....
This is what i have.....I want $15k....is this a reasonable price. I know you do not get your money back for most mods....

This car is in excellent condition!
2002 Silver Si with Jackson Racing Supercharger
33K miles

Jackson Racing Supercharger
Comptech Cold Air box
J's Racing engine damper
Buddy club racing spec white shift knob
Type R shift boot
Magnaflow cat back exhaust
Wilwood big brake kit with forged calipers
17x7.5 Flat black ATS CompLite with Falken 75 % life remaining
Denso Iridium plugs
Super Blue ATE high boiling point brake fluid
Front and rear stainless steel brake lines (rears are not installed)
Muteki Lug nuts
H&R 5mm spacer with extended studs
Type R carbon fiber wing
Type R front and rear sway bar 22mm
Mugen oil cap
Mugen Rad cap 1.3
Mugen Fan switch
Mugen low temp thermostat
Mugen Aluminum lower control arms with hard bushings
Mugen brake reservoir cover
HKS earth circle grounding wire kit

The suspension is by Mugen. It's engineered by Mugen and made by showa. Showa is the original equipment manufacturer of this honda suspension. It's the complete assembly, front struts with spring and upper plates (plates are not adjustable) and rear shocks with springs and upper shock housing. This kit is specifically designed for this car and the spring rate was design to work in conjunction with the shock valving.

The interior of the car is stock with the exception of the knob and type r boot. Also have a brand new top of the line Clarion Cd/Mp3 Player that i have not installed yet, this will come with the car if you want it.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:22 AM
oldschoolimport

it is definitely worth 15. actually getting someone to pay it may be hard. most will see it as a 2002 si with 33k, and not take into account the extras. it is one of those type deals where if the right person who can appreciate all you have done happens up it will be gone in a flash. good luck with the sale.

you would probably make more back by parting it out and sale the car stock. type x did his on ephatch and others. just a thought.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:01 PM
sideout2002

Thanks for the info, i may decide to do that next week if i can't sell the car.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:15 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

I think $15k is an ok price. Like you said yourself, getting money back on aftermarket parts is a pipe dream. You sound like you have a great clean setup. And if the right buyer comes along who appreciates it and is willing to pay that, its not impossible. But lowering the price slightly might get it off your hands faster. Remember, there have been instances where an '02-'03 Si have sold brand new from the dealer for $15k, because of a real lack of interest in the cars. Not only is your Si a specialty market because of the parts, but its a specialty market because fewer than expected % of the population appreciates the design. Get some nice pics, post them up with your thread. I would suggest HAN, and Honda-Tech. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:18 PM
saga
broke college kid

I also agree it's a good price. Only thing is you need to find the right place to sell it. I was looking at getting an Si from a dealer. If I had the cash I would buy it but I'm gonna finance cause I need the car now and have limited funds. I know a dealer is selling a 2002 Si w/ 38k miles on it for $14,490 (dunno what it has standard). That's with the Honda Certified Used seal as well though.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:12 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Is this thing still for sale? I would really like to see pictures. I am in the market for a car, but usually don't like the EP3's. BUT, send me some pictures please to honda_pilot@hotmail.com

I would like to see engine bay, front, front angle, rear, rear angle. interior.