Notices

'05 Rsx?

Old 06-02-2004, 06:14 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the RL and NSX were the same for almost 10 years... i don't really pay much attention to other makes, but the civics and accords go in about 4-5 year runs max. i don't have hard facts to support it but it just seems like other makers change up their body styles more often than acura does.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Xam

well its 94-97 till the type-r came out right, then 98-01 was the integra, that means 02 is the rsx. so 02-05 that means the type-r coming out for the 06-09 model. so i am keeping my civic till i trade it in for a type-r dc5. thanks for reading
Old 06-17-2004, 04:34 AM
Sheet One

a Type R would always be nice
Old 06-20-2004, 05:31 AM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xam
well its 94-97 till the type-r came out right, then 98-01 was the integra, that means 02 is the rsx. so 02-05 that means the type-r coming out for the 06-09 model. so i am keeping my civic till i trade it in for a type-r dc5. thanks for reading
There was a definite reason for the DC2 ITR to be produced: homologation.

The DC2 ITR had to be put on the roads because the racing series homologation rules required that the car that was being put on the track was also being put on the public roads. The DC2 ITR that they wanted to race had a different body (though you couldn't see it) and very different motor from the DC2 that was on the public roads at the time they wanted to start racing with it.

The DC2 ITR was a real homologation special, and Honda actually lost money on every one it sold because of all the special effort and hand work that had to go into producing them.

It's a different story with the DC5 and EP3.

The DC5 and EP3 are a brand new McPherson chassis that is already so stiff that it can compete on the road without fear of ripping itself apart like the original DC2 race cars. Moreover, Honda builds several mass produced versions of the K20 motor that are as heavy duty, stable and long lived at high RPM as the limited production B18C5 was in its day.

There's no need for a homologation special for the DC5 and EP3. Moreover, in the markets where they are sold, the DC5 Integra Type R and the EP3 Civic Type R aren't even limited production...they build however many of them are ordered because it's no big deal making them.

I honestly believe that there are only two reasons you don't see the EP3 CTR and DC5 ITR in USDM right now:

1.The pricing structure in the USDM would make pricing the DC5 ITR and EP3 CTR problematic. For example, with a $20,000 sticker EP3 Si already, what niche do you put the EP3 CTR in that it won't be blown away by the four wheel drive turbo cars or a legion of other cheap cars already here?

2.The magic of the "Type R" nomenclature is attached to a very successful reign of the DC2 ITR where it was virtually unbeatable in its endurance and World Challenge races for years. The performance of the EP3 and DC5 in those same series has shown us that the DC5 and EP3 are simply not worthy successors to the DC2 ITR legend in North America. In markets where they do feel the "Type R" name will sell cars, they don't hesitate to use it: In Australia, the DC5 "Type R" is for the most part what we'd call an "RSX Type S" in the USA.

If they can defeat either of those problems, I think we'll see a Type R...but they'll have to defeat one or the other of those problems.

I can't see the DC5 or EP3 starting to win World Challenge championships right now, so I guess they need to find a way to bring an EP3 CTR over at what is currently the sticker price for the EP3 Si!
Old 06-22-2004, 09:51 PM
coredump

So, back to the point... (heh), any news on anything new on the 2005 RSX? I'm looking into getting a RSX this weekend so if there are any changes that are worth waiting for in 2005, I may wait off for it.

Anyways, I was talking to a friend who works at Acura of Pasadena who was talking to a salesman and allegedly the RSX will be offered in three new colors, one of them supposedly being an Emola Yellow. Again, not sure if that has any truth to it.

Another friend's told me that there would be changes to the 2005 RSX but didn't elaborate. *shrugs*

Anyways, anyone have any news on this? Thanks.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:03 PM
this1tear

not sure how much you can trust this but i got this off of consumerguide:

"News A full redesign is on tap for the 2006 RSX and its Honda Civic platform parent. No details have leaked so far, but more oomph seems a good bet, with the Type-S getting a 20-hp boost, something that had been rumored for '04. Meantime, the dealer-available performance package for today's Type-S has been given Acura's new "A-Spec" label. Aimed at the "fast and furious" youth market, it delivers 17-inch wheels, higher-performance tires, uprated brakes, and stiffer springs and shock absorbers that lower ride height about an inch. Lower-body skirts and a sizeable rear wing spoiler are also included."

makes one think that the 2005 rsx won't get anything major
Old 06-23-2004, 03:11 AM
BONE

the RSX just came out in 2002 so I know they wont change it in 06 the Civic is schuduled for a complete makeover in 06 sticking to its 5 year cycle. Just get the 04 RSX you can probably get a better deal and the changes to the 05 will be cosmetic only.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:12 AM
pickapart

They may be doing a headlight change or so, but I doubt anything substantial. Perhaps headlights and HIDs, but I doubt front fascia. As for the Type Rs, I wouldnt ever expect them in the US
Old 06-30-2004, 04:00 AM
rexerin
beep! beep!

FYI the A-Spec kit has been discontinued by Acura.

I know this because my brother works there and I just got my kit about 2/3 installed (i will be uploading the pics to my website link in my sig in the next couple days, or you can go to www.jdmuniverse.com and see my thread in the RSX forum). It took about 5 weeks to get everything in, and come to find out, the reason it took so long is that i got the last NBP spoiler and the last NBP front lip! Also, my brother brought me home the showroom banner for the RSX-S, indicating they would be getting new ones... sooo... who knows what Acura/Honda has up their sleeves for '05? the new RL has kinda overshadowed any other Acura news, which makes me think it will be '06 at the earliest before we see a redesign, or any changes to the RSX.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:23 PM
coredump

What is NBP?

Quick Reply: '05 Rsx?