Notices

17 year old. insurance

Old 02-15-2004, 10:44 PM
prestoguy124

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1800 a year under a DAM 1994 TOYOTA TERCEL.. dam insurance companies rippin ppl off blah.. 17 male tho :naughty:
Old 02-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Gator7448

Originally Posted by fastball
I'll add another :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: to that..... when I was 17 I had to drive my Mom's Delta 88. Mommy never bought me a nice car! :angry:
Why do people make such a big deal if parents buy them a nice car? Their parents made the correct decisions to get to where they are in life. They might as well treat their kids nice. Happened to me. Parents bought me a 95 GSR, and i went never paid for anything, then i went to college, and now im a CPA making over 60,000 a year at the age of 24.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:00 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Originally Posted by Gator7448
Why do people make such a big deal if parents buy them a nice car? Their parents made the correct decisions to get to where they are in life. They might as well treat their kids nice. Happened to me. Parents bought me a 95 GSR, and i went never paid for anything, then i went to college, and now im a CPA making over 60,000 a year at the age of 24.

Well whoopty-freakin-do! I'm 26 and don't make much less than that as an electrical technician. I think buying a nice car for your child who has yet to prove they are responsible enough to have a nice car is the wrong way to go about it. Now, my Mom is helping on the down payment for a house. Now that I have proven I can be a responsable person..... and I know there are parrents out there who wouldn't even do that. So I am very greatfull nonetheless. But buying an expensive nice car for a teenager is not showing them they have to work to get nice things. I know I'd never do that for my kid...... they'll get my Prelude when they turn 16 (and I don't even have any kids yet!)
Old 02-16-2004, 08:43 AM
RSX-Kid

Originally Posted by axemansean
Bull freaking shit!!! I am 23... clean record and I pay the same amount for plain liability with a 15% good student discount. Take your lying ass to some other forum. Its because of idiots like you I can't get decent insurance. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Fuk dat. It's under my dad's name, but I'm on there too. He's 54 with good ass credit. I'll take pics of the policy if you want it. It's dumbasses like you that blow up for no reason. Full coverage for $405 for 6 months. Go get mad, it aint gonna bring the price back up. I think that's why its so low, cause of my dad. So dont get mad! Maybe when you're 54, you can buy a car and get super low rates. So again, don't get mad at me :angry:
Old 02-16-2004, 08:44 AM
RSX-Kid

Again, don't get mad. I'm not here trying to start something. I'm just simply posting because I'm 17 too. So, AZEMANSEAN and FASTBALL, I apologize for your angry. I just think cause its under YOUR OWN name and your 23.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:17 AM
axemansean

My dad made enough money where he could have had 4 Ferraris sitting in the driveway. He put his kids through college... thats $25k a year x4 x2 kids... thats $200k. But he didn't buy us a car, and maybe thats why I respect my property. Maybe thats why I don't do stupid things like most kids who have things handed to them. You earn things you don't get them handed to you.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Gator7448

Originally Posted by axemansean
My dad made enough money where he could have had 4 Ferraris sitting in the driveway. He put his kids through college... thats $25k a year x4 x2 kids... thats $200k. But he didn't buy us a car, and maybe thats why I respect my property. Maybe thats why I don't do stupid things like most kids who have things handed to them. You earn things you don't get them handed to you.
I was handed a car, a 96 gsr, but i also had a 4.0 GPA throughout highschool. My parents made the correct decisions throughout their lives, and they raised me to make the correct ones also, that is why i am succesful in life, even though i didnt' have to work for my first car. WHy trash on rich parents? just because people wish they were rich or had rich parents, doesn't mean they can trash otehrs who are. rich people make the correct decisons, they go through school, they excell in life, no need to trash em.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Gator7448

Originally Posted by fastball
Well whoopty-freakin-do! I'm 26 and don't make much less than that as an electrical technician. I think buying a nice car for your child who has yet to prove they are responsible enough to have a nice car is the wrong way to go about it. Now, my Mom is helping on the down payment for a house. Now that I have proven I can be a responsable person..... and I know there are parrents out there who wouldn't even do that. So I am very greatfull nonetheless. But buying an expensive nice car for a teenager is not showing them they have to work to get nice things. I know I'd never do that for my kid...... they'll get my Prelude when they turn 16 (and I don't even have any kids yet!)
Electrical technician is a well respected career. Dont mind me asking, but where are u gonna go with that? As a CPA ii have many options, and my starting salary was 60,000 , and it can increase to endless numbers
Old 02-16-2004, 12:45 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Electrical technician is a well respected career. Dont mind me asking, but where are u gonna go with that? As a CPA ii have many options, and my starting salary was 60,000 , and it can increase to endless numbers
I was handed a car, a 96 gsr, but i also had a 4.0 GPA throughout highschool. My parents made the correct decisions throughout their lives, and they raised me to make the correct ones also, that is why i am succesful in life, even though i didnt' have to work for my first car. WHy trash on rich parents? just because people wish they were rich or had rich parents, doesn't mean they can trash otehrs who are. rich people make the correct decisons, they go through school, they excell in life, no need to trash em.

You got alot a nerve kid. That's all I'm gonna say.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:53 PM
RSX-Kid

fastball, u aint mad,are ya?