Notices

Apexi or Greddy?

Old 08-22-2003, 09:28 AM
ProjectWidow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi or Greddy?

I would like to know if anyone has either the Greddy Evo or the Apexi N1 exhaust on their N/A 4th gen. lude? I've heard that if i get the Apexi N1 on an N/A then it will be very loud and ricey. They said that the N1 will sound good on a turbo setup. I only heard this from one person but i would like to find out more on this. Also how would the Greddy Evo sound? Any sound clips would be helpful. So basically i would like to know which exhaust gives the most power gain but doesnt sound wayyy to LOUD and ricey! Also i was informed that Thermal makes good exhausts and they dont sound way to loud, but which model would you recommend??

-Gene
Old 08-22-2003, 10:53 AM
epoxy
Regulator

they are both great exhausts. personally, i'd go with the N1 b/c it's a relly nice exhaust. you'll see some good top end power. they are REALYL good for a turbo, but it's up to you. the EVO is a little bit deeper, but i'm not sure of the power gain.

hope that helps.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:15 AM
Pelka
::..Prelude..::

RSR ExMag? Havent heard it but they claim to have the quietest performance exhaust...
Old 08-22-2003, 08:12 PM
lilboi

I think the greddy cost more. N1's aren't all that great. To me they are kinda cheap compared to how greddy makes their exhaust. I'm only saying all this cause my brother has a greddy SP. It a nice exhaust. The piping is nice, great for turbo applications. If you get apexi i would go for WS instead. Try tanabe. they arn't that bad either. All about the same, just the sound. The main thing you wanna look at is the piping diameter.
If you do decide to get a cat back, make sure you change the headers and cat. If you don't, you just wasted 500-600 dollars.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:11 PM
importsyn

I'd lean towards the Greddy exhaust myself.It's more of a N/A , street muffler.I't's good quality and it's not annoying loud like some of the cheaper exhausts.A friend of mine has the N1 on his JRSC Civic and he's happy with it except that he had to modify it at first because one of the bends comes too low to the ground and he kept bottoming out on it.It all depends on what look you are going for because the difference in power is minimal at best between the two.
Old 08-27-2003, 05:00 PM
drift
Flaccid Member

i have the Thermal Stealth. looks stock, performs well, sounds great.

no complaints, and you're best choice if you dont want to attract negative attention to your vehicle.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:20 AM
HotLude93
The One And Only

allright dude listen to me, these guys have their ideas, but i also have a 4th gen S (f22). i bought a apexi n1 style muffler, just the end pipe, and not a full catback. i bought this off ebay for about 45 dollars. i was scared that my car wound sound like a ****ing zinger. with that dzzzzzzz noise but no. listen i went to gulf got my back pipe replaced and my flexipipe replaced, this cost me 600 bux, the cat still manufacture made. and my car sound has deep tone. i am very happy with it this sounds very professional and worth the money. my car sounds like it belongs in the fast and the furious. anyway good luck with whatever you decide to do and let us know how it comes out. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT N/A MEANS IM LOST!
Old 08-29-2003, 10:45 AM
machinehead

N/A = naturally aspirated = no turbo
Old 08-31-2003, 06:22 AM
importsyn

I liked what Drift had to say about the Thermal exhaust.I've heard lots of good things about those exhausts and the "Stealth" one would be perfect for the street so you don't attract any negative attention from cops.These ehaust are also stainless which(if it's applicable to you,I don't know where you live)will last longer in bad conditions such as all the salt in winter,something I know th Apexi and the Greddy won't hold up to as long(they're only aluminized mild steel).It might be worth checcing into even price wise they're may be a significant difference.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:07 PM
djkojione

I would have to agree with Pelka. The RS-R EXMAG is a really low profile exhaust. you get the JDM design, but with a unique black muffler to keep the authorities at bay.

www.rs-r.com check it out!