Notices

HID's finally installed!

Old 08-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Pelka
::..Prelude..::

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID's finally installed!

Well i again post about the HID's... i dunno why my other post got deleted... i know HAN shut down for a while thats probably why. Well its open back up and i'll have the pictures tommorow for sure... :naughty:
Old 08-07-2003, 02:11 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

:wopics:

I'd love to see how well they look in there.

Did you just plug em in or did you modify the houseing at all?
Old 08-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Mx6GT91

I was looking for that post also. People kept telling you to take them out cause too much glare

Im expecting mine tomorrow or the next day......BTW what kit is it and the Kelvin temp??
Old 08-09-2003, 09:11 AM
Pelka
::..Prelude..::

Ok tonight i promise ill have the pics... i dont know the temp tho they are off a 02 Maxima... and the housing didnt need to be modified at all... they plugged right in no problems... looks sweet i PROMISE you guys the pictures tommorow morning!
Old 08-09-2003, 10:03 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

If there's no pics tomorrow:

Today: Worcester, MA
Tomorrow: Isn't that where the huge fire is?

We will destroy the whole town!!!

j/k
Old 08-10-2003, 01:03 PM
Mx6GT91

There off a Maxima, that means that there in the 4100K - 4300K. Its got the D2R bulb right. (has a cover/shield over the bulb)

I got my HID kit yesterday, mine is 8000K.....its a pure white/purple blue. Im sure yours are brighter cause the lower the Kelvin temp the brighter. The higher the more color

PICS!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 01:06 PM
96GreenCivic

Yeah i heard HID's gave off too much glare. Should I upgrade mine to HID's? Will the stock housing be able to handle it and give me a good light pattern?
Old 08-10-2003, 01:28 PM
monkey

if you haven't gotten your HID conversion kit already i think it's too late to get em because converting your car to HID is now illegal.

whoever is doing this, i beg you to aim your headlights correctly because they DO cause too much glare, and i drive in an area with too many jumbo sized SUVS already lighting my ass up on the freeway at night with their headlights. i don't need every EK and DC2 in the 626 to do the same...
Old 08-10-2003, 10:28 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Originally posted by Pelka
Ok tonight i promise ill have the pics... i dont know the temp tho they are off a 02 Maxima... and the housing didnt need to be modified at all... they plugged right in no problems... looks sweet i PROMISE you guys the pictures tommorow morning!
^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^
08-09-2003 12:11 PM

*taps foot*
Old 08-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Mx6GT91

Yeah i heard HID's gave off too much glare. Should I upgrade mine to HID's? Will the stock housing be able to handle it and give me a good light pattern?
Since he said that there from a Maxima.....since they dont have a projection housing they use D2R bulbs, which have a shield over the bulbs. That stops the glare, i have a D2S bulb (bought a kit) which is designed for a projection housing. I have some glare, as long as the headlights are adjusted right you shouldnt have a problem.
As for the headlights handling it, HIDs are only 35watt bulbs. They give off less heat and use less power then halogens. Thats why they last up to 2000hours.
I say go for the HID upgrade (before 8/15/03) i got mine in and its crazy the amount of light that i have now. I can see the whole road with just my headlights. I dont even use my foglights anymore

if you haven't gotten your HID conversion kit already i think it's too late to get em because converting your car to HID is now illegal.
Thats true about them banning them, there is no new law though. HID's have always been illegal cause they broke one of the biggest rules........they dont have filament. There just now trying to get the aftermarket sales of them banned. Which doesnt make sense cause cars can still come with them factory but people cant buy them?? odd isnt it

Ohhh Ya, PICS WOULD BE NICE!!!!!!!!