Notices

Sunroof, rattle...

Old 07-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Pelka
::..Prelude..::

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof, rattle...

Anybody get this too? Only when its fully open... it rattles it, i dont mind the rattle but the sound is awful... just wondering if anyone has a quick fix?... Thanks!
Old 07-19-2003, 04:53 AM
drift
Flaccid Member

quick fix: close the sunroof.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:36 AM
Bones45

lmao..good one..

mine is as quiet as a dead guy. You check for loose pieces?
Old 07-19-2003, 09:30 AM
SDSUlude

Thats wierd, Mine rattles a bit if I go over bumps and its halfway open...never when fully open.
Old 07-19-2003, 12:15 PM
sspire

sometimes it might rattle or squeak when you hit a curve, but that is because it flexes with the body. other then that, i dunno :dunno:
Old 07-20-2003, 05:35 AM
Pelka

Yea it always rattles going over bumps... hmmm maybe ill just get a rubber gromit from a firewall and widge it in there when i drive around... thanks anyways guys...
Old 07-21-2003, 06:03 AM
2000Prelude

Know what, I don't know why so many cars have to have a moonroof anyway. I didn't want the sunroof in the first place. I wish my car didn't have one. Without it, the car would be more rigid structurally and it would have additional headroom (which the 'Lude really needs in my opinion). Anyway, I wish that moonroofs on Honda's would be OPTIONAL not standard so people that want the high line car can get the moonroof if they want, but don't have it imposed upon them if they don't.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:41 AM
NeroLudeH22

I def don't know why it does it but if it makes you feel any better mine rattles like a mofo too.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:25 AM
Pelka

Originally posted by NeroLudeH22
I def don't know why it does it but if it makes you feel any better mine rattles like a mofo too.
Yay! Im glad im not alone... I think im just going to find a piece of rubber and jam it in there, then when im done ill pull it out... ill look into it more, ill take it apart later.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:00 AM
drift
Flaccid Member

Originally posted by 2000Prelude
Know what, I don't know why so many cars have to have a moonroof anyway. I didn't want the sunroof in the first place. I wish my car didn't have one. Without it, the car would be more rigid structurally and it would have additional headroom (which the 'Lude really needs in my opinion). Anyway, I wish that moonroofs on Honda's would be OPTIONAL not standard so people that want the high line car can get the moonroof if they want, but don't have it imposed upon them if they don't.
the sunroof/moonroof is an integral part of the Prelude's design since the very first Prelude. getting rid of the roof would be like making a Prelude sedan.

sunroofs/moonroofs do not lessen the structural integrity of a car, as there's still all the standard beams in place in the roof... only targas, t-tops, and convertibles have compromised structural integrity due to lack of structural pillars, beams, or door frame reinforcements.