Notices

diffrences in models

Old 07-09-2003, 08:58 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diffrences in models

Ok, so I really want a 95 VTEC model... but unless you kill someone, they are super hard to find. So, I've been playing with the idea of getting an Si and swapping it.

What are the main diffrences between the 95 Si and VTEC?

VTEC has the wing standard right? Has bigger brakes. Leather option. Better stereo.... Anything else?

I'm lookin for the nitty gritty info. I want to kinda make the Si a VTEC model.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:27 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

anyone? website?
Old 07-14-2003, 12:53 PM
GeorgetheFierce

try preludeonline.com or NTPOG.org
Old 07-14-2003, 05:19 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

The Si and VTEC models are, well, different. And you should not base these differences as to whether you like the stereo better or it has a wing or you can get leather. If you are, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. The Si has a 160 hp 2.3 liter DOHC motor, but it is not -- I repeat not -- a VTEC. VTEC stands for Variable valve Timing and Electronic lift Control. The 1995 models had a 2.2 liter, 190 hp motor, better suspension, brakes, rims, and overall the elite Honda in the 1990's. VTEC shifts the cams to larger lobes for longer lift duration when you hit the gas over about 4800 rpm. The little 4-cylinder turns into a monster. The Prelude VTEC models ran from 1993-1996 in 4th generation, and 1997-2001 in 5th (mine) generation, and all 5th gens have VTEC. Now, the Si is a good car. I don't know if all have 4 wheel disc ABS, but I know all VTEC models have it. I don't know if you know all of this info or not, but comparing an Si to a VTEC because the stereo may be nicer is foolish. You buy a VTEC because you want the F1 racing heritage for best performance. Si is a nice Prelude, but it ain't no VTEC. You could drop a VTEC motor in an Si, no doubt. But you are talking an extra 2500 for the motor itself. And good luck finding one that isn't abused.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:14 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

I know the main engine diffrences. I'm not asking about the H22 vs H23. I know that situation mostly.

I'm asking for other info, other little diffrences. Bigger brakes, better suspension, better rims.... etc....

I know VTEC is awesome. That's one of the reasons I want it. But they are pretty damn rare to find and when I do they are gone in 2 days.

Things like ABS, suspension, brakes... what other diffrences?