Notices

HeadUnit install with stock dash kit

Old 06-27-2003, 09:10 AM
j2000sh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HeadUnit install with stock dash kit

Hey everyone!

First off, let me say hello! I'm new here and i wanted to say this looks like a very nice and resourcful site

Secondly... here is the deal. I have a 5th Gen Prelude, and currently i have a Pioneer HU with the crappy dash kit.. it looks like a tissue box opening underneath the HU. Now, my question is... has anyone used the stock dash kit? i would much rather use that one... if so, how did you do it?

Thanks,
Jay
Old 06-27-2003, 09:39 AM
Vampgrrl
Farscape 1 pilot

When I had my Alpine installed the guys at Circuit City tried to use an aftermakret kit and it didn't look right so they used the stock one. I dont know enough as to how but they did.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:50 AM
96GreenCivic

Welcome Aboard!
Old 06-27-2003, 01:08 PM
Clockwork

Welcome. Um let me ask, is your aftermarket head unit (hu) a 1 din chassis? if so, it'll fit perefectly into the slot. just take off the orig dash piece (carefully, not to loose any clips) and take out the factory deck, and use the existing mounts (screwed into the side of the factory deck) and they'll screw into your pioneer hu directly ( or they should atleast ('it's an industry standard to have the screw holes drilled at the same places on all decks that way you can use existing factory mounting set ups for aftermarket decks)
I just did that, bought a wire harness for the new deck, and connected easily to the factory wiring assembly.
you may have to tape the cd holder up to the underside of the new hu, so it stay in place in your dash.
If that is confussing, please let me know.
Clockwork
Old 06-28-2003, 07:58 PM
j2000sh

Well, i figured it out! I have no idea was i was thinking a couple of weeks ago... Clockwork, thanks for the help and advice.. it worked perfectly. aaaahh, it looks so much better now

Thanks again!