Notices

Problems: Car shuts off DURING nitrous run!!

Old 05-30-2003, 01:52 PM
dvp95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems: Car shuts off DURING nitrous run!!

The scariest thing happened 2 days ago. I just installed a NX direct port kit on my h22 accord. I was told by some people online to use the 22N/16F jets for an 80hp shot. I was also told by someone at NX to use a 22N/18F @ 10psi for a 75hp shot. The direct port kit does not come with #16 jets, so I used the #18 fuel jets(waiting for #16 to come in), thinking that it will run rich because the stock fuel pressure is at ~42psi, and WOT im guessing a lot more. So quite a bit richer.

So I went to the track, turned on my NX controller, sprayed through 4 gears, then when I let go of the gas and step on the clutch to coast after the 1/4 track, the car turns off. Luckily I had enough speed to coast to a safe place. I tried to start the car but it wouldnt start. So I turned the key and gave it gas and it started. Everything seemed fine at that point so I took another run about 45min-1hr later. The same thing happened when I let go of the nitrous and stepped on the clutch....engine dies and starts when i give it gas. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON???? Could the engine die because there is too much fuel?

My setup:

98 jdm h22a, NX direct port, MSD digi6+ and SS coil, NGK bkr7e, 91 octane gas, and your basic intake, exhaust, pullies, action 2md clutch, fidanza flywheel.

How do you read my plugs? Some have told me that they are lean because of the electrode, but others have said that it is running rich because of the ring around it.

Please help me read my plugs, but also help me in terms of why my car turns off right after i stop the flow of nitrous. I also noticed that during the second and last nitrous run, that my nitrous didnt turn on in 4th gear. I checked the fuse to see that it was blown (20A).

I just did a compression test:

First test: from cyl 1-4: 190, 197, 200, 207
Second test: from cyl 1-4: 192, 202, 205, 202

Is there any reason to worry about the engine based on those numbers? Car seems to drive just fine, starting up everytime with ease.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:01 PM
IHIPrelude94

I'll try and help you out tomorrow... kinda late, and I can't find my book on Nitrous... Are you running on stock internals?

~Peace
Old 06-05-2003, 09:30 PM
dvp95

Yes I am on stock internals. Thanks