Notices

Where is thermostat Located on h22a

Old 05-07-2003, 10:32 AM
2000Prelude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is thermostat Located on h22a

Hey 'Luders!!,

I have 2000 Prelude and occasionally smell a sweet smell when I'm driving. I guess that smell is probably anti-freeze. I've looked under the hood, the hoses all look OK and the overfill bottle is at the full hot mark after driving for a period of time.

I noticed the bottom hose from the radiator goes into some type of roundish thing attached to the engine (located near the distributor). This thing has some other hoses attached to it and some sensors attached to it. Is this the thermostat housing???

Anyway, when I sniff around that area, I seem to smell a slight antifreeze smell in that area. Also, there appears to be some dirt particles attached to this "thing" that makes me think that at some time it most have been a little wet and got some dirt attached to it.

Anyone have this happen?

The temp guage goes up about 40% of the way and stays there once the car has warmed up. The guage always has gone to this point and stopped since the car was new.Is the temp guage very accurate. Is it indicative of what the temp of the car is, or is it just an analog idiot light?
Old 05-07-2003, 11:08 AM
BoostedH23a1

back below the coil..
Old 05-08-2003, 04:34 PM
94prelude_v-tec
Punk Rock

There is a water line that runs across the back of the motor, look back there it is at the end. You'll be able to tell where it is by looking.