Notices

good cat back systems?

Old 04-03-2003, 08:10 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good cat back systems?

I am in need of replacing my exaust... old one is showing age and rusting...

The main three that I hear people have and like are the Apexi N1, GreedyEVO and the Tanbe Medallion.

What are some suggestions? I heard the Apexi N1 hangs really low.?.?

I'm not planning on running boost or nitrous. I have an AEM CAI as far as engine mods go. So I don't think I need anything bigger than 2.5" or it would hurt performance too much.?.?

Input please??? :thumbup:
Old 04-03-2003, 11:09 PM
tchort420

Hey clickwir,
The only one I can recommend is what I've had on my ride - RS*R. It's stainless steel axle-back with a single 2.5" angled exhaust tip. It looks really good imho. The attention to detail in the manufacturing is really good on it. The best thing about it I think is that it's not rediculously loud - it's kind of like a deep growl - and it came with a sound certification for California. (Cali is the only state that's militant about such things so it was important for me when I was buying an exhaust.) Anyway, not to sound like I'm making a sales pitch here, but I am selling it cause I'm gonna keep my car all stock at this point. If you're interested, I'll give it to you for much less than what you'll pay for a new exhaust. It's in great shape, I didn't have it for too long. Let me know, tchort420@yahoo.com

--Gary D.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:49 AM
jc836

Contact cementups. He has Thermal and that is what I use. Really great on a 5th gen and there is a version for earlier gen's. Fitment in my case is perfect. The piping 2.25 and stainless from end to end.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:14 PM
drift
Flaccid Member

thermal. 100% stainless, no issues, relatively quiet, and no one expects it with the stock lookin tips on the 5th gen version.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:09 AM
96PreludeSi

I personally like DC Sport. They dont hang down very low and there reasonable for price. I just bought one for my 96 Si and it sounds great. When your driving at a steady speed its quite but when you hit the gas it sounds bad ass. Check out maccar.com i just bought mine off of there and that seemed to be the cheapest site that I had seen.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:41 PM
vietboy

tchort420 - what year is ur RS*R for? if itz for 97-up then hit me up
Old 04-06-2003, 06:07 PM
preylude99

i have an apex n1 for sale on the boards for 97+ prelude base, got a ticket with it cause the cops in socali are strict, its the whole system w/silencer if you want, all the bolts, ready to go, only prob is I flat blacked it w/high temp barbecue paint so maybe the cops wouldnt notice it but they did, i am looking to get around 125 for the whole thing..... i have a few people im talking to but if it falls through ill let you know
Old 04-09-2003, 11:25 AM
epoxy
Regulator

Apex'i world sport for more torque and a not-so-loud deep growl (loud at high rpms) or n1 for more highend and a little louder sound.

n1 is a great exhaust, but the WS isnt too bad either. it's what i have, but honestly would have liked the N1.....i just got mine for dirt cheap.

either exhaust is good though i have pics of mine if you would like to see.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:38 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

epoxy, I have the lowend F22... so your "mid rpm" is probably my "high rpm".

I'd love to see pics if you have em. I'm thinking that the WS would be better for me since I'm not pushing any high HP's and what they consider "high end power" is probably way past my redline(6200).
Old 04-09-2003, 11:40 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

preylude99: mines a 96... so it probably wouldn't work anyway. but thanks for the info. Cops aren't as strict around here. They may give you a bit of a hassle but I've not had any probs with them