Notices

Urgent suspension question, please help!!

Old 04-03-2003, 01:04 AM
tchort420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent suspension question, please help!!

Hi all,

I've done something really stupid and now I need to make a quick decision which is why I need your guys' help. I asked my mechanic to install my Tokico adjustables along with the H&R springs into my 98 type sh. Both came from my 92 lude (RIP 12/23/02). Now, I know the springs are the same on both models, HOWEVER, I've come to find out that the Tokicos don't work on the SH. In fact, Tokico doesn't make shocks for the SH. And neither does Koni for that matter. And now, my mechanic has already installed everything, busting one of the shocks in the process. So he wants me to find a replacement shock for him to put in so that he could finish the car and let me have it back. Now I'm at a loss as to what to do. Who makes shocks for the SH and which ones are good? I would like to have something that would be adjustable and won't break the bank, if you guys know what I mean. In the meantime, I guess, I gotta go and put the stock shocks back in place. I suppose as a temporary solution I'll use the stock shocks with the H&R's.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I found all this out today after my mechanic called me to say that he f'ed up one of the shocks.

So if you guys can recommend any adjustable shocks that I could use on the SH that would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

--Gary D.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:37 PM
tchort420

Anyone have any wise words of wisdom on this? I mean, what do you guys think of the shocks that you've got on your rides?

--Gary D.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:44 AM
THATPRELUDEGUY
I suck!

Actually if you change springs at the same time any 5th Gen spring/shock combo should work from what I understand. If you uses SH springs then you can't use aftermarket shocks since the shock perchers are different from one to the other. Why don't they fit?