Notices

Need help for real!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 05:40 PM
ghettoslide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help for real!!!

I use to have a honda a long time ago, now i'm all nissan, but a engine is a engine, only the electronics change. My girlfriends friend stopped by her dads house one day and ask for help with his car a '88 prelude. Her dad called me because he was busy. He brought me the car. I knew what the problem was and why none of the local shops wanted to do business. He spun a bearing the cost of repair would be more than what the car is worth, but he said he loved the car and i decided to do it for him for free. I took the car apart cleaned it up checked the tolerances replaced the bearing. Here is the problem car will not start or idle unless it is at W.O.T.. I do not understand this at all. I have never seen this in all my years under a hood. At W.O.T. it idles at 500 rpm. I layed a brick on the pedal and let it run for 20 minutes no change. I figured i could at least seat the bearing. I've checked all fuses, and connections, he had removed all emissions control devices when i got the car.
Another thing the cooling fan did not come until i turned the car off, the tempature gauge never moved. What did i do wrong?? I am sorry i had to register to ask this question. I figure if anyone knows it would be you guys.

Last edited by ghettoslide; 06-25-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: misspellings
Old 06-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Nirvanaspartan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little suggestion go to google and type in Prelude Power dot com these guys will take care of you. People on that site have the technical ability to help you with your Prelude. No offense to this site but this site is great for Accords.

Last edited by Nirvanaspartan; 06-26-2008 at 03:06 PM.