no spark help!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:18 PM
brettybaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no spark help!

my 93 prelude vtec has no spark

I have voltage coming to the coil
I think my coil or distributor is bad.

I put my finger and and a voltmeter and test light into the distributor to see if it was sparking at its not. I know it hurts when i get spark. haha

anyways, I was wondering what test I can run on the coil and distributor to see if they are bad. I hear the fuel relay can cause this problem too. I dont know where that relay is though.

Does anyone know the ohm test and what reading I should get from the coil?
How do I test the distributor if its good or bad?
Old 02-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you are ohm testing the coil you should have infinite ohms between the coil out put and the hot or ground. If you have ohms your coil is fried together (primary and secondary winding). The ground side of the coil should pulse use the herts function on your volt meter. If you read out 0 herts its probably your ignition control module aka igniter. The igniter consist of 4 wires running to it, its under your distributor cap, its held on by 2 bolt.

www.hondateck.info use this site search prelude try and find your etm (electrical trouble shooting manual) you will see what I am talking about. The ecm controls the ignition control module the ignition control module controls the coil.

The main relay shouldn't cause a not spark condition. Its not even involved in the ignition system.

Are you getting fuel?