Notices

Dash + Tail Lights

Old 01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dash + Tail Lights

Well, last night I got pulled over, and much to my surprise I did NOT get a speeding ticket! Woohoo!!

I got pulled because my tail lights were out, but my brake lights still worked. This is interesting because that same night while I was driving my dash lights went out. So when I got home, I checked all the fuses. My tail light fuse was out, replaced it, and tails still don't work. My interior lights fuse was not out, but my small light fuse was, so I replaced that. All my fuses are good, so I am very confused as to what the next step is.

Thanks for any input..
Old 01-08-2008, 09:30 PM
nspec_Cd5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u went back to check the fuses? to make sure they did not blow up again?
if they did, then u've got a short somewhere.

If they didnt' then it could ur light switch.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Yeah, I rechecked all the fuses. Also noticed that the front parking lights are out as well. I really don't wanna go looking for a short, but I suppose that would be the next sensible thing to do.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:49 PM
nspec_Cd5

check ur combo switch. its really easy to remove. just take off the steering column cover and remove two screws from front of the light switch and slide if off. (u'll have to turn the steering wheel to remove the screws)
Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
prelude1897

I had this same exact problem. What I ended up doing was swapping around all the multiplex units with some extras that I had, and it seemed to have worked. Well, at least my taillights and my dash lights work. My front parking lights still don't work though, but that's not a big deal to me. Some one else who had this problem says that he took his aftermarket radio back out and then taped up all the loose wires, put it all back together and everything worked again
Old 01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Originally Posted by nspec_Cd5
check ur combo switch. its really easy to remove. just take off the steering column cover and remove two screws from front of the light switch and slide if off. (u'll have to turn the steering wheel to remove the screws)
I'll give that a shot after checking the radio wires, thanks!

Originally Posted by prelude1897
I had this same exact problem. What I ended up doing was swapping around all the multiplex units with some extras that I had, and it seemed to have worked. Well, at least my taillights and my dash lights work. My front parking lights still don't work though, but that's not a big deal to me. Some one else who had this problem says that he took his aftermarket radio back out and then taped up all the loose wires, put it all back together and everything worked again
Seems reasonable. I'm putting the stock radio back in tomorrow anyway (putting my stuff in the new beater ). Maybe that will shine some light on the problem..
Old 01-16-2008, 09:58 PM
TheJGB3

My front parking lights only work when the turn signal or the hazards are on. In my 5th gen the front parking lights only have one filament. My Camaro had two filaments in the parking lights, one for parking light one for turn signal and flasher.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:15 AM
prelude1897

I just cured my problem. Come to find out, the main connector that goes to the fuse panel, one of the wires had burnt through which wasn't getting a good connection. I believe it was a Red w/black strip wire which controls all of the dash lighting and taillights. May want to also check that to be sure it's plugged in all the way. All I did was take the connector out of my parts Prelude and swapped them around. Haven't had the problem since I did the swap about 3 weeks ago
Old 02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Oh yeah, fixed the problem :doh:

Don't know how or why, but part of the wire on the rear right parking lamp was exposed and touching metal. Guess that shorted it or something..