Notices

84 Prelude will not start

Old 10-04-2007, 07:34 AM
akbrewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 Prelude will not start

Ok here is the deal. I was given an 84 prelude from the original owner. It has 234k miles on it, and has been sitting for over a year. It will not get fuel to the engine when I try to crank. I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel pump relay, but I still cannot hear the fuel pump working. The car will start if I spray starting fluid in the carb, but then dies when it runs out of starting fluid. I am not sure if there is another relay or fuse I need to replace. A friend of mine who has access to alldatapro looked it up and it said it was the #12 fuse, but my fuse box near the steering wheel only goes to 11. Is there possibly a ground somewhere, or something I can check with a voltmeter?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Que-Lude

I think theres another fuse box under the hood up by the firewall on the same side as the battery
Old 10-08-2007, 05:47 AM
akbrewer

Default Update

Thanks for the info. Here is an update...
I got a test procedure from alldatadiy, and I checked the voltage where the relay plugs in. I get power from the relay to the battery, however I do not get power from the relay to the fuel pump. Does anyone have any experience replacing/repairing internal wiring?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:01 AM
akbrewer

Default Update

Found the problem! It was a wire short in the fusebox where the relay plugs in.