Notices

Enkei JS+M

Old 07-03-2007, 11:55 AM
maweitao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enkei JS+M

I had been looking for wheels for a while. I wanted something lightweight and in a style I liked and I felt fit the car. Originally I was aiming for 16", but I decided to go with 17" because there were more options. So I eventually came upon these Enkei JS+M wheels. They're 17"x7.5" and supposed weight about 15.5 lbs.

I ordered them close to 2 months ago from Tire Rack and finally got them last week. At the time they were special order. Tire Rack was reporting they'd be available the 10th of July, then they pushed it back to the 20th. Looking at their site now it looks like they've given up and the wheels are back to being special order.

Anyway, here they are:

So, any thoughts or impressions?
Old 07-03-2007, 01:14 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Excellent choice IMO.

Personally, I'd be happier if the spokes were about 25% wider and weren't tapered quite as much. But overall, the look is subtle in an elegant OEM sort of way.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:42 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice wheels! I have been debating myself on what I would like to get and I very much like your choice of style.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:20 PM
maweitao

Thanks for the compliments.

I had originally been considering the Volk TE37s or the SSR Type Cs. However, I lost interest in the Type Cs and I felt the Volk TE37s were too expensive. I also wasn't entirely confident 6 spokes would look good, although I do still like those wheels. I had considered Gram Lights and Wedsports but there was nothing that really appealed to me and I was hoping for something lighter.

So one day I discover these Enkei's and pretty much almost immediately decided I would get those. My wheels are also offered in a bright silver finish if you're comfortable with a more conventional look. Although personally, I'd go with the dark ones all the way. That's why I have them.