Notices

vtec wiring question

Old 08-01-2006, 06:51 AM
jdmhondalude22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vtec wiring question

i know the green wire fromt he solinoid goes to A4 on the ecu, and the blue on the oil pressure switch goes to D6 and the black gets grounded to the motor. my problem is, my oil pressure switch didnt come with the clip that goes to the harness. i have one that fits it, but the wire colors are different. all i need to know is, is the wire toward the front of the car blue or black (D6 or ground). thanks.
oh yea, its a h22a in a 92 lude.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:38 PM
vassil3427

It's always me replying to your posts...lol..Anyway I searched around, this was posted for an accord, but should work for you.

· If your car didn't come with VTEC, you'll need to add the wiring for the air intake bypass (AIB), knock sensor, VTEC oil pressure sensor and VTEC solenoid. If your car was an EX, you will only need to add the wiring for the IAB and the knock sensor.
·The knock sensor circuit (red/blue), which isn't there on the stock F22, is added at the same break out as the oil pressure sending wire by using the pigtail from the Prelude harness. This wire connects to the subharness and then to ECU pin D3.
·The H22's AIB circuit that opens the short, high-rpm runners in the intake manifold also gets added by tapping the black/yellow wire from the H22's plug to the same color wire that goes to the distributor in the Accord's harness. This simply supplies power to the AIB solenoid. The pink signal wire goes from the AIB solenoid back to the subharness/ECU at pin A17.
·The VTEC oil pressure switch wiring will already exist on Accord EXs, but the rest of us need to add the circuit. The plug from the H22 and its light blue wire gets routed to pin D6 on the ECU. The black/red wire from the switch goes to ground.
·To hook up the VTEC solenoid, connect its green/yellow to pin A4 on the ECU.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:56 PM
vassil3427

Actually here, I found an article for you.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1004852

9. Repeat the process for the Vtec OP Switch.
The connector for the Vtec OP Switch will have two wires. (one blue/one black)
The blue wire is hot, connect this to the 16-18 electrial wire.
The black one is for the ground, just connect this wire to the ground
on the thermostat housing where the other ground wire is.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:26 AM
jdmhondalude22

thanks man. your a great help. appreciate it.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:07 AM
BusaJoe

Originally Posted by vassil3427
It's always me replying to your posts...lol..Anyway I searched around, this was posted for an accord, but should work for you.

· If your car didn't come with VTEC, you'll need to add the wiring for the air intake bypass (AIB), knock sensor, VTEC oil pressure sensor and VTEC solenoid. If your car was an EX, yes it was a EX you will only need to add the wiring for the IAB and the knock sensor.
·The knock sensor circuit (red/blue), which isn't there on the stock F22, is added at the same break out as the oil pressure sending wire by using the pigtail from the Prelude harness. This wire connects to the subharness and then to ECU pin D3.
·The H22's AIB circuit that opens the short, high-rpm runners in the intake manifold also gets added by tapping the black/yellow wire from the H22's plug to the same color wire that goes to the distributor in the Accord's harness. This simply supplies power to the AIB solenoid. The pink signal wire goes from the AIB solenoid back to the subharness/ECU at pin A17.
·The VTEC oil pressure switch wiring will already exist on Accord EXs, it does. But there is no switch at the Vtec solenoid? the motor is a 97 JDM and there is a bolt and crush washer where this can be added, but is it needed if the 97 did not use it? but the rest of us need to add the circuit. The plug from the H22 and its light blue wire gets routed to pin D6 on the ECU. The black/red wire from the switch goes to ground.
·To hook up the VTEC solenoid, connect its green/yellow to pin A4 on the ECU.