Notices

brakes and clutch

Old 06-22-2006, 05:15 PM
mybluelude
WILD BILL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes and clutch

I have a problem with the brakes on my lude, sometimes they work just fine, and other times I'll be stopped and they will slowly go to the floor, I'm thinking it could be the master cylinder??? Also ever since I put the engine in, the clutch seems to slip in first, and grinds a little going into fith, could this be in the pedal, or in the cable??? It has a new clutch, pressure plate, and I had the flywheel resurfaced. I'm confused!

When I first got this car running, and drove it, the ABS light would come on, and go off at different times. Since I got it back the light does not come on anymore. They could have done something to make the light stay off!?!?!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:20 PM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

A friend of mine with a '00 Lude had a 5th gear grind issue. Turned out the shift fork was bent. This may not be the same problem you're having though.

Check your MC, lines, and calipers for any potential leaks. Start with a brake bleed and flush out all the old fluid and make sure new stuff is getting to all four corners (grab a friend to help you do this). It may be as simple as some air in the lines or a leak. If neither of these solve the problem, you may want to consider swapping out the MC for a new unit.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:22 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

What engine did you put in? Didn't you buy that clean ass Lude with the H23? for like $7900 (way too much)
Old 06-23-2006, 02:06 PM
mybluelude
WILD BILL

Originally Posted by F22B Prelude
What engine did you put in? Didn't you buy that clean ass Lude with the H23? for like $7900 (way too much)
She wanted $7,900.00 for it, but I gave 72. I had 6200.00 in it when I sold it back to her for 5500. Since then she had the interior redone, the drivers side painted, and the windows retinted, so all in all it's really not that bad of a deal to me. The ones I looked at in the 4-5000 range needed lots of work, in my opinion, I don't feel like what I gave was too much, when you look at all thats been done.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:12 PM
mybluelude
WILD BILL

Originally Posted by shivers
A friend of mine with a '00 Lude had a 5th gear grind issue. Turned out the shift fork was bent. This may not be the same problem you're having though.

Check your MC, lines, and calipers for any potential leaks. Start with a brake bleed and flush out all the old fluid and make sure new stuff is getting to all four corners (grab a friend to help you do this). It may be as simple as some air in the lines or a leak. If neither of these solve the problem, you may want to consider swapping out the MC for a new unit.
Thanks man, I went and bought a "new" master cylinder (not rebuilt) today, and as soon as I get time, I'm going to slap it on. Would too much play in the clutch pedal cause the problem I'm having with my shifting? Or could it be in the cabel?