Notices

Nos?

Old 06-15-2006, 07:18 PM
edulerp87
Smokin Lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nos?

i hear the h22 can handle nitrous very well...is this true? i was thinking about turbo but i dont have that kinda cash...any input kicks ass
Old 06-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Mkazm83
Snapping bolts

First of all its nitrous. NOS is a registered trademark of the Holley Corp. A stock block can run a 50-75 shot with colder plugs.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:46 PM
DSMtuner
(-_-)/'i')

Keep in mind a proper nitrous kit will run at least $1300 new. You can buy kits for alot less than that brand new (bare kits) but you will want to add things like a RPM window switch, electronic TPS, bottle heater, fuel psi safety switch, purge kit, some form of air fuel monitor, and so on.. I had your mindset a few months back and ended up piecing together a kit. Got the bare kit used for $400, and spent double that making the kit as "safe" as a nitrous kit can be. Never used it though, ended up selling it a month ago to buy a bike :P. And ditto on "NOS".. Its nitrous, not NOS. Dern TFATF..

Most 4cyls are good to 75hp on stock internals. You have to check your plugs regularly to make sure you arent leaning out a cylinder, if so youll probobly want to upgrade your fuel rail and pump. I wouldnt go over 100..
Old 06-16-2006, 06:18 PM
edulerp87
Smokin Lude

..nos is easier to type then nitrous...i kinda figured it would be as much but still its the price of shitty turbo to have sick NITROUS*
Old 06-17-2006, 11:15 AM
DSMtuner
(-_-)/'i')

No, say it right. NOS is not nitrous. N.O.S. is a term used for certain parts, and for a company. Thats like me calling every tire a Falken. But anyways..

Like I said before, I had the same mindset as you. You have to realize that a 10lb bottle fill is $50 bucks, $75 for a 15lb tank. The tanks dont last forever, wont even last you a day of driving around on the streets. You cant run them till they are 100% dry either to use it all before the refill, once enough is used the tank pressure drops and the performance gains drop with it. Its expensive. If you plan on using it on the streets it will become VERY expensive. And when the bottle isnt in, your back to being slow.. Its worth it to save up longer for a turbo or s/c kit if you really want the power. I mainly did it because I allways wanted to see what nitrous was like, but I wouldnt do it again. If you want it, more power to ya, just keep in mind its expensive in the long run.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:28 AM
edulerp87
Smokin Lude

thanks for the info..idk..to be honest im thinkin about sellin the lude..ive only had her for about a yr and when i got it it was SOOOOOOOO fast and now its SOOOOOOOO slow lol if u know what im sayin..i hate getting shit on by family sedans practically any v6 4dr eats a remotely stock prelude..i love the way she looks an handles but i think im gonna have to get something with a v8 even though gas is 3.35 a gal right now lol i need POWEEEEEEEEER...and whats the deal with people taking all this shit so seriously?..i said nos...omg have a heart attack, i think everyone else understands im just generally saying NITROUS, u drop a few letters NOS...i understand theres alot of newbs and kids who just talk shit and im no longer one of them but we all were at somepoint and i hate when ppl come off as assholes just because they have been surfin the web talkin to people longer lol...hey atleast i dont say it like naz? lol haha i hate that...you got nas? lol ha

Last edited by edulerp87; 06-19-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:53 PM
DSMtuner
(-_-)/'i')

Doesnt matter. Nitrous is not NOS. In the fast and the furious, sure.. We could go back and forth all day about this but neither of our opinions will change.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:17 PM
edulerp87
Smokin Lude

i totally understand where you guys are comin from but who gives a shit?
Old 06-24-2006, 01:59 AM
Mkazm83
Snapping bolts

Originally Posted by edulerp87
i totally understand where you guys are comin from but who gives a shit?
Who gives a shit about your question?
Old 06-25-2006, 04:46 PM
eLuderTypeS

Originally Posted by DSMtuner
No, say it right. NOS is not nitrous. N.O.S. is a term used for certain parts, and for a company. Thats like me calling every tire a Falken. But anyways..

Like I said before, I had the same mindset as you. You have to realize that a 10lb bottle fill is $50 bucks, $75 for a 15lb tank. The tanks dont last forever, wont even last you a day of driving around on the streets. You cant run them till they are 100% dry either to use it all before the refill, once enough is used the tank pressure drops and the performance gains drop with it. Its expensive. If you plan on using it on the streets it will become VERY expensive. And when the bottle isnt in, your back to being slow.. Its worth it to save up longer for a turbo or s/c kit if you really want the power. I mainly did it because I allways wanted to see what nitrous was like, but I wouldnt do it again. If you want it, more power to ya, just keep in mind its expensive in the long run.
What he said! Nitrous is for Drag cars.