Notices

Frankenstien

Old 06-10-2006, 02:52 AM
mybluelude
WILD BILL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frankenstien

Now that I have my Lude back, I am thinking about doing a Frankinstien, H23A/H22A head, but what do you have to do to get it all to work? I have heard that all you have to do is wire in the Vtec. My wife said that I had to wait a while before I could spend anymore money, but there are ways around that. I have a friend who has a machine shop, and thought that I woud find a decent head, have him do some mild port work, and add some larger valves. What valves should I use? Also back to my other question, I have a mugen header and test pipe, but thats it, what size exhaust pipe should I use to go back to the muffler? It has the factory muffler on it right now, and doesn't sound to good. I bought a dual tip stainless muffler off of eBay, but it is much smaller than the factory one, I am confused?!?!?!?!
Old 06-10-2006, 03:59 AM
drift
Flaccid Member

H22 timing belt, tensioner, and crank sprocket must be installed on the H23 block. (H22 uses magnetic triggers on the sprocket for timing, H23 doesnt)

dont forget to remove the VTEC oiling plug from the H23 block for VTEC to operate.

use any H22 headgasket.

it's just that simple.

and yes, i know what i'm doing, i've done it before, and i used to have a very detailed write up with photos, but that server has been gone for years now.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:37 AM
jumpman83

Don't you need the H22 waterpump too? The sprocket on that should have the same pattern as the crank sprocket. But my understanding is the H22 waterpump doesn't fit on the H23, so you have to have the sprocket pressed off the H22 and on the H23... It's been a long time since I read the how-to though, so maybe I'm thinking of another hybrid engine.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:46 PM
SirHybrid

you probably need a vtec ecu also, I would think
Old 09-20-2006, 06:40 PM
mikesta21
93preludesi

ive heard so many horror stories about the frankenstein... how did you manage to avoid all that trouble??? there are stories about the bottom end not being able to cope with the extra rpm, etc.