Notices

92-96 Honda Prelude Dash Interchange

Old 12-16-2005, 02:19 PM
phubarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92-96 Honda Prelude Dash Interchange

I am in need of another car, and I really like the exterior appearance and the power that the 92-96 Prelude has. The only problem I have with it is that in my opinion, the dash was designed absolutely awful. I'm extremely disappointed with Honda on this. Sitting in the driver's seat, it feels like the instrument cluster is 3 feet away from your eyes, and the 80's style digital gauges for temperature and fuel make the car seem cheap, not to mention being so far out of your field of view its probably a driving hazard to turn to look at them, and the warning lights go completely across to the passenger side! What were they thinking?!? Its definitely unsafe to look that far away from the road when you're driving. Maybe I'm oversensitive to safety, being in the fire/rescue field. If it wasn't for this dash design, I'd be completely satisfied with choosing a 92-96 Prelude for my next car. I can't afford a 97-01 Prelude (which has a terrific interior btw).

My question is, is there another dash that can be installed in this vehicle?
Old 12-16-2005, 08:21 PM
mikesta21
93preludesi

umm i read alot before stepping into a 92-96 prelude how bad the dash was designed.
well, quite frankly, imo, i think everything is clear and easily there to read. although far from the eye, ive never had trouble reading the large and clearly marked dials. the temp and gas gauges are big, and i dont think they are" too far away from the road" -dont you guys look at your head unit once in a while? thats a lot further away from the road than those meters.
well anyways ive seen a million dashes for sale, most only replacing the speedo/tach, and they were designed the same way. i did once see new circular guages mounted over the dashboard, i believe on honda tuning magazine's website
ttyl
good luck in your search

mike
Old 12-16-2005, 09:44 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by phubarr
I am in need of another car, and I really like the exterior appearance and the power that the 92-96 Prelude has. The only problem I have with it is that in my opinion, the dash was designed absolutely awful. I'm extremely disappointed with Honda on this. Sitting in the driver's seat, it feels like the instrument cluster is 3 feet away from your eyes, and the 80's style digital gauges for temperature and fuel make the car seem cheap, not to mention being so far out of your field of view its probably a driving hazard to turn to look at them, and the warning lights go completely across to the passenger side! What were they thinking?!? Its definitely unsafe to look that far away from the road when you're driving. Maybe I'm oversensitive to safety, being in the fire/rescue field. If it wasn't for this dash design, I'd be completely satisfied with choosing a 92-96 Prelude for my next car. I can't afford a 97-01 Prelude (which has a terrific interior btw).

You can probably do a 5th gen Accord dash with some modification.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Davey2Crazy

In my opinion I think the 92-96 dashes are incredible. I love how it looks different from any other car and after it being my only car ever owned... Every other dash just seems boring 2 me. But every 1 is entitled to their own opinion. But I thbink the dahs is one of the ebst features...
Old 12-17-2005, 05:55 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

I was wanting a 4th gen for a long time before I ever bought mine. I loved everything about the car.......except the dash. But when I finaly bought one, I started to fall in love with the dash and now I don't even notice it being different from other cars. Everyone that gets in my car is like "whoa this thing looks awesome inside". IMO, the placement of the gauges are perfectly fine. Another thing I like about the dash is how the top of the dash runs perfectly level with the bottom if the windshield and isn't deep, unlike most cars.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:51 PM
jdm-power

bro the 92-96 prelude dash is one of the best and unique dashes around... but yeah everyone has their own choices......

p.s. dont wann argue or fight over this but tell me one thing thats awful about the dash??? which u think makes no sense!!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:51 PM
hidewai

i sold my prelude and find other car dash bore and plain.miss very much its cool unique.when see from outside.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:49 AM
preludeH22a
i'm pretty much awesome

yeah people love my dash, they think its like futuristic looking or something.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:37 AM
jdm-power

Originally Posted by preludeH22a
yeah people love my dash, they think its like futuristic looking or something.
Originally Posted by hidewai
i sold my prelude and find other car dash bore and plain.miss very much its cool unique.when see from outside.

these are the same exact comments i used to get for my prelude....not that i have a 95 GSR i miss all those prelude features especially the dash.....
Old 12-29-2005, 04:11 AM
mybluelude
WILD BILL

Originally Posted by phubarr

DUDE! WHATS UP??? IN MY OPINION, THE DASH IN MY 95 IS ONE OF THE COOLEST DASHES, OF ANY CAR OUT THERE!!! IT'S ONE OF THE REASONS I'VE ALWAYS WANTED A 92-96 LUDE!!! MIGHT WANT TO INVEST IN A PAIR OF GLASSES!!! AS FAR AS THE TEMP. AND OTHER GAUGES GO, GET AN A-PILLAR GAUGE CLUSTER, AND PUT WHATEVER GAUGES YOU THINK THAT YOU NEED!!!

Last edited by mybluelude; 12-29-2005 at 04:14 AM.