Old 12-10-2005, 06:49 PM
guidosv-tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default okay heres another question turbo or super charger

for a four cylinder car!!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 07:29 PM
loafeidb

best is .................................................. .........................................
...................................... There is no clearcut better one between the two its all on personal choice . the ideal would be to have both , like it runs the supercharger till 4500 rpm or untill the turbo spools and then switches to the turbo , kinda like the new vw gt sumthin 1.4 l 160hp super /turbocharged car gettin like 45-50 mpg. anyway thats kinda off subject.

You have to decide if you prefer the power down low on the rpm`s or screaming high and mighty in the 6000 rpm range with our good ol buddy vtec.

Its all a matter of personal choice . which car were you planning on running this on?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:33 PM
guidosv-tech

Default ots going to be my 93 prelude

im gonna make it pimp i got the money and the job all thats making me wait is the choices out there what would you do
Old 12-10-2005, 07:41 PM
loafeidb

well personally on a 93 lude s/si i would probably go turbo but while im at it i would probably replace all the internals, i just love it when you reach 5500 rpm and you just keep going and going!!turbo for sure!!
Old 12-10-2005, 10:00 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by loafeidb
best is .................................................. .........................................
...................................... There is no clearcut better one between the two its all on personal choice . the ideal would be to have both , like it runs the supercharger till 4500 rpm or untill the turbo spools and then switches to the turbo , kinda like the new vw gt sumthin 1.4 l 160hp super /turbocharged car gettin like 45-50 mpg. anyway thats kinda off subject.

You have to decide if you prefer the power down low on the rpm`s or screaming high and mighty in the 6000 rpm range with our good ol buddy vtec.

Its all a matter of personal choice . which car were you planning on running this on?
If you choose to listen to people like this, your car will be an oversized paper weight in months.
Nearly all 4 cylender motors respond better to a turbo then a supercharger. the range of power can easily be set with the turbo you choose, and the turbo will be infinently more effective because you wont need to deal with the parasitic loss of the supercharger that WILL be noticble on a 4 cylinder. The next thing is, you need to do ALOT of research. You cant hope to just buy a turbo, bolt it on, and drive it around with out having some clue as to what your doing.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:01 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

turbo all the way. there is no perfect setup that is pre-assembled. due your homework and put together a turbo kit
Old 12-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Originally Posted by 2gr84u
If you choose to listen to people like this, your car will be an oversized paper weight in months.
Nearly all 4 cylender motors respond better to a turbo then a supercharger. the range of power can easily be set with the turbo you choose, and the turbo will be infinently more effective because you wont need to deal with the parasitic loss of the supercharger that WILL be noticble on a 4 cylinder. The next thing is, you need to do ALOT of research. You cant hope to just buy a turbo, bolt it on, and drive it around with out having some clue as to what your doing.
All these things are true. Add on that you can pretty much boost as high as you want (within reason) with a turbo, whereas with an SC you are limited by how fast the engine can spin it.

That said, the main reason people do SCs are ease of installation and tuning and no lag. There are several kits out there and people swear by them.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:01 AM
97civicEXVTEC

wrong forum.. but yea, turbo
Old 12-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Civic2Scooby

all out balls power and adjustability: Turbo
"Easy" Install, good trq, fun for daily, low boost: SC

personally I would go turbo...for any SC worth a shit you are lookin at over 4k....With 4k I could have had my D series boosted to shit and dyno tuned.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:58 PM
guidosv-tech

right on thank you everyone