Notices

Hey guys, need a hand, maybe you can help

Old 07-08-2005, 11:27 PM
TDCRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, need a hand, maybe you can help

I got an 88 prelude, just got it back from the paint shop, and im about 99% complete installing the b20a. Now that it's ready, she won't start. Solenoid fires, but it doesnt turn over, Im 90% is computer related.

I hooked up the battery and the fan runs constant, I can't hear the fuel pump prime, and im getting code 16.

Code 16 isn't supposed to exist, if you get that, your supposed to change the ECU. This ECU worked last time the car ran, and I had a similar experience before.

In February, I replaced a b20a5 in another car, and when i went to start that one, it gave me 3 codes, 1 of them was code 16. I worked off the fact that the fuel pump didnt get power and found that the harness on the injector resistor wasn't in right. I plugged it in, all codes disapeared, fired right up. 1 difference though is that the fan wasn't running like it is on this one.

Any ideas? Any way to help me make sure I got the right connector on the fan? (There is a spare chillen under there, and it could be a connector for a light, I so far haven't put any lights on the new front bumper, and i still have to hook up the 91 lights.)

I'll check tommorow before I get back to work on it in the evening, Hope you guys can help!