Notices

Fundamental Car Tuning

Old 05-06-2005, 08:47 AM
mtbprelude
RIGHT Wheel Drive!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were you at NPM03? It was held at Beaver Run last year. I was in the blue intermediate group, the session in which the 2 of us from Texas spun because we got caught trying to tuck to the apex on Turn 7 via throttle lift.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:54 AM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

suspension is where its at
Old 05-06-2005, 02:57 PM
ludeboom

supsension aint worth it if your cars runs a 17 second ET
as far as NPM i went to 04' last june, i remember that kid with the black 01 spinning the first time...i was on his ass at the final hairpin when he did it... with an instructor in my car and i could only avoid a t-bone by punching vtec in 2nd and understeering wide on purpose
later he spun out at the end of the front straight rite before turn 1 for no apparent reason
then there was that other kid that put the 5th gen into the wall behind the hairpin like a clown

i cant remember anyones name, im not a forum whore like half the dudes there sucking each other off constantly and driving like asses

the guy in the NSX crashed twice i remember that and it was leased
so his life is over...

other than that it was a good time got fucked up at the hotel
Old 05-07-2005, 09:56 AM
oudi
Banned

wait do you mean take the hose off the car.the air intake hose?how is the filter going to stay in place?
Old 05-07-2005, 09:58 AM
oudi
Banned

your just going to take the whole filter and hose and that black box off?!how about if something gets inside the engine when your hitting the gas?!
Old 05-07-2005, 10:06 AM
ludeboom

Originally Posted by oudi
your just going to take the whole filter and hose and that black box off?!how about if something gets inside the engine when your hitting the gas?!
hes talking about the other end where the resonator is in the wheelwell, at least i hope he is
Old 05-07-2005, 10:10 AM
oudi
Banned

wheres that.do you mean leave the throttle boddy showing?sound pretty dumb,how bout if something goes in there?
Old 05-07-2005, 11:17 AM
cleanlude

lol...you replace with an intake system that has better flow and less restriction...

never leave it without filtration...

Murder on yer motor
Old 05-07-2005, 11:24 AM
yankee81116

:doh:haha he means to remove the resonator....ya cant see it...its underneath the stock airbox...ya gotta peel back the wheel well and take out ur sidemarker to get access to it.....never ever ever leave ur throttle body open:nono:
Old 05-09-2005, 07:48 AM
mtbprelude
RIGHT Wheel Drive!!!!

Originally Posted by ludeboom
supsension aint worth it if your cars runs a 17 second ET
as far as NPM i went to 04' last june, ...........then there was that other kid that put the 5th gen into the wall behind the hairpin like a clown.......other than that it was a good time got fucked up at the hotel
The NSX Zanardi edition was not leased, the M-coupe he hit was...Bob hit the wall after turn 9, alot begginers had an issue with the kink that led into the hairpin 10-11 combo. I wouldn't say he was a clown, inexperienced, and ON STOCK suspension:

Lets analyze why that wreck happened: At the end of a fast straight Turn 9 is a flat kink to the right into an uphill 2 apex hairpin also to the right. He began braking while still turning out of the kink, because the hairpin scared alot of beginners, like him. Braking or lifting un-weighted the rear, and the car spun: rear first off the road, all the way around until the front passenger side hit the wall and bounced the rear pass side into the wall...

2 things would have easily prevented that: First better understanding/instructing of the track and racing dynamics, the uphill was the ideal place to brake, gobs of traction, wheels straight late apex into the hairpin meant a great run down the front straight...

Better suspension: Stiffer springs and better dampers would have resisted the brake dive, and the rear of the car would not have unweighted to that degree, and he wouldn't have left the road.

I was in my Si, and the most frustrating part of that event for me, was the fact that everyone was driving WAAY over their heads, I was clearly faster through all the turns. Come the straightway, the "VTEC-yO" kiddies would pull away...until turn 1, where once again I was faster and would catch them through the 1-3 combo, the *right* thing to do would have been to check up and let me and the guy in the Cavalier through on the straights. So much for intermediate groups knowing HPDE ettiquette