Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Prelude (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/prelude-13/)
-   -   Question about the Remote Wire (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/prelude/182501-question-about-the-remote-wire.html)

tdcdodger 03-29-2005 12:29 PM

Question about the Remote Wire

I installed my subs about 2 weeks ago, and they worked fine for about a week and stopped working.

I've got a couple questions:

- I just want to know what exactly the Remote wire does (runs from the back of the head unit to the amp)

- My Amp was constantly gettiner power, even when the car was off, any ideas what could be wrong?

- On the Remote wire, there is a prong (or fork -= lookin thing) behind the HU, i was wondering if it was nessary, or if i can just stirp the two wires and connect them to each other without the prong

Thanks in advance

PS. my amp is wired directly to the battery

94civicEX 03-29-2005 12:43 PM

Your remote wire has to run into your deck. Does your deck shut off when the car is off? The remote wire should shut off with the deck. The Remote Wire tells the Amp to turn on. Get a connector that works with your deck and put it on the wire.

tdcdodger 03-29-2005 04:11 PM

Yes my deck does shut off with my car, but for some reason, my amp wasn't

Originally Posted by 94civicEX
Get a connector that works with your deck and put it on the wire.

What exactly do you mean by this?

thanks in advance

vtecnoobnc 03-29-2005 04:44 PM

the remote wire is easier to run from the amp,to a fuse(cigarette lighter,radio fuse,etc)that way it turns off wth the car.the only thing that should run from the deck to the amp is rca wires.if your amp always got power...your battery should be dead as hell.

Illegal B16 03-29-2005 05:25 PM

Please dont run it to a fuse. the blue wire with the white stripe is where the remote wire is supposed to be. It's prob just on the wrong one in the harness. Just move it.

vtecnoobnc 03-29-2005 05:30 PM

since you dont know what you are doing,run it to a fuse,that way the only thing you can mess up is a 20 cent fuse..theres no reason not to.if you want to risk screwing up your head unit wiring it wrong,go ahead

tdcdodger 03-29-2005 05:38 PM

I got it to work for about 2 weeks, then it just stopped cold turkey, so i've had it correctly wired in the past, some of my friends are saying that i might have fried the AMP b/c it constantly had power running to it.

My friend also suggested that the remote wire is messed up, cause it is what tells the Amp to turn on and off, and since to amp was alway on, sometime was messed up

vtecnoobnc 03-29-2005 05:40 PM

does the amp have a protection light...red or green light.check and make sre your ground wire is not loose and find the best possible place to ground it to and make sure there is no paint

vtecnoobnc 03-29-2005 05:41 PM

if the red protection light is on,you either blew the amp,a fuse, or have a bad ground

troy19prelude 03-29-2005 06:41 PM

right!!

Dont be stupid and run it to a fuse. Like others said on here you must run the remote wire from the head unit, which is blue with a white stripe, to the remote turn on lead on the amp. That is the professional way to run a remote wire. If you do it any other way that would just be plain ghetto. If you have it hooked up correctly the amp will turn off. Good luck and please don't run it the ghetto way you wont fry your head unit