Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Prelude (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/prelude-13/)
-   -   Dual 3.5" Muffler too big? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/prelude/180986-dual-3-5-muffler-too-big.html)

LudaRacer555 03-17-2005 05:38 PM

Dual 3.5" Muffler too big?

Hey guys, I have a dual 3.5 muffler that I want to install on my 96 f22a. SOmeone in one of the posts said that it is too big for my car, IS it really too big? Why? IF I install it, what are going to be the consequences?

prelood 03-17-2005 05:42 PM

I just think it will look really tacky, and sound .. odd.

kenton 03-17-2005 05:44 PM

Yeah, it really is. That motor isn't even high performance. It's like 140hp I believe. The weakest of the Prelude engines. Your engine is also in the 2.2 CL and the 94-97 Accord.

Don't get one 3.5" exhaust, let alone 2. Stick with 60mm (like 2.25")

LudaRacer555 03-17-2005 05:47 PM

ok, the thing is, I already bought the muffler, and was even going to get it installed today, but there were a change of plans. So is it going to rob me of HP? or what will happen if I install it?

prelood 03-17-2005 05:57 PM

Dont let us make YOUR decision, its your car man, do what you want but when you ask for our opinion we will tell you straight up what we think

LudaRacer555 03-17-2005 06:01 PM

I know and thanks but I just want to know why it is not good for my car? the sound is not going to be good? or why?

beier 03-17-2005 06:23 PM

I don't think there will be many negative consequences... the quesiton is: how many benefits are there? It shouldn't hurt much, so if you really want to - go ahead!

cons I see:
-could make an aweful noise
-I tend to like stock stuff more
-possible more heavy - not a big deal
-void warrenties? eh whatever.

If you think it's worth it to have a custom exhuast and to have the originality factor, then no harm done I'd say.

Cashis EG8 03-17-2005 08:47 PM

You're going to rob your prelude of the already lacking low end power that it has.

Free flowing exhausts usually help the top end, but there's not much top end in that engine either.

My recommendation is, before you waste any money on the car, if you want to go faster, just save up for a H22 swap. The F-series in the preludes is not worth working on.

jamesmeister 03-20-2005 06:59 PM

lets just say that my dad's chevelle has a 622 c.i. big block with dual 3.5 inch exhaust, so if you think you need that much exhaust, go for it. but it will be ridiculous and overkill.

Illegal B16 03-20-2005 07:04 PM

it's about pressure. Only a turbo honda needs a 3 inch cat back, you could never use a 3.5 in cat back. It Will Slow You Down.

LudaRacer555 03-24-2005 06:25 PM

OK, thank you. Im going to try and sell the muffler. So should I keep the stock exhaust/muffler or mayb upgrade it a little? Im not going to sell the car because its a very good car, and not Im sort of attached to it. Also, I have worked on it a lot and It does not look like a stock plain prelude. Im not going to swap the engines because of differnt reasons. Thnks guys

davidn71 03-24-2005 08:20 PM

Couldn't help but notice that you're planning on painting your hood black.. Why is this? You goin for the fake ghetto carbon fiber look? Also... Stage 2 clutch in that car won't be necessary... You'll wish you never lost the factory clutch... Specially if it's a daily driver...

davidn71 03-24-2005 08:22 PM

Also, if you're new to this, which it sounds like you are, forget the neons, and the stickers, and all that ghetto crap, because you'll just kick yourself in the a** later for it.. Waste of $$$!!!

LudaRacer555 03-25-2005 02:10 PM

Ye man, The fake CF hood is my goal. ALso, I ALREADY have the neons, stickers and all that crap.... and I love it. Im proly not going to be getting a new clutch for a while cause the stock one is ok.

davidn71 03-25-2005 04:23 PM

Oh man! I can't believe you've set that as your goal! This car will be like, the ghetto master!!! :lmfao:

davidn71 03-25-2005 04:23 PM

But seriously, is this just some kinda joke?

LudaRacer555 03-25-2005 05:31 PM

lol, at least i dont have a civic man.

LudaRacer555 03-25-2005 05:32 PM

you should see it man, it looks bad ass inside and outside, except for the motor lol

beier 03-26-2005 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by LudaRacer555

:mad: dammit civics rock if you do it right.

Good luck with your modifications, and may you come to your senses.

HeavyFooted 03-26-2005 09:26 AM

..... idiot..

Snoopy 03-26-2005 10:38 AM

Ye man, The fake CF hood is my goal. ALso, I ALREADY have the neons, stickers and all that crap.... and I love it. Im proly not going to be getting a new clutch for a while cause the stock one is ok.

the rice is strong with this one

prelood 03-26-2005 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
the rice is strong with this one

Yes master. :jlammy:

oscarhmoyano 03-26-2005 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by prelood
Yes master. :jlammy:

Hahahaha that's so funny!! i just want to see the pics of this car LOL :) :D ... oh boy!
Oscar

LudaRacer555 03-27-2005 04:11 PM

no, it actually has sort of a sleeper look, not the RICER civic hatchback with neons and 18"rims and a big wing look. I will paint my aluminum Honda rims black on April break. I hate the ricer look, and this car doesnt look like that. It sounds as if it is though. maybe Ill get a picture and a scanner and show it to all of you haters who didnt even see it before JUDGING. pst. STOP HATING WHAT YOU HAVENT SEEN YET. people. DAMIT.

davidn71 03-27-2005 04:21 PM

at least it aint a civic huh? My civic would walk all over your lude bro... And seriously, there's no way you're not gonna get flamed for painting your hood black to "look like carbon fiber". Cheap ass... You hafta be retarted...

davidn71 03-27-2005 04:23 PM

And by the way, you are rice...

"Hot Greddy Windshield sticker +decals, Red Neon String on the Dashboard"

Sound familiar?

soulsUUckinjerk 03-27-2005 04:43 PM

Oh Dear GOD, i would never let my preldue become what you seem to think is an "anti-rice" car. You make yourself look bad, as well as other prelude owners worldwide....

Snoopy 03-27-2005 05:55 PM

no, it actually has sort of a sleeper look, not the RICER civic hatchback with neons and 18"rims and a big wing look. I will paint my aluminum Honda rims black on April break. I hate the ricer look, and this car doesnt look like that. It sounds as if it is though. maybe Ill get a picture and a scanner and show it to all of you haters who didnt even see it before JUDGING. pst. STOP HATING WHAT YOU HAVENT SEEN YET. people. DAMIT.

[/bitching]

sleeper = stock look that will stomp your ass when the pedal hits the floor

you =/= sleeper

:down:

LudaRacer555 03-27-2005 06:54 PM

wow you guys really have a tendency to judge something you have never seen. Its very amusing. im not going to buy a CF hood for $400 or w/e just because its CF. Im just going for the looks, and it will look good on a white car, plus the black rims. why dont you just wait and see how it looks when i post some pictures and THEN you can try and say somthing. People have different tastes, you might like your car stock-boring look, i like to play around and modify my car. I got the right to fukin make my car look like a f***in tank if i wanted to. I dont think I asked for anybody's opinion on any of my current mods that i have in my car.... ? wtf? and its not gona make me take anything off the car just because you guys dont like it. Just wait till the the pics at least. bunch of haters in here. holy fukin s**t

LudaRacer555 03-27-2005 07:01 PM

by the way, my future project is a CRX with a b16a1 that will put all of you Prelude Vtec's to shame.. just a say, I love Preludes tho.

Snoopy 03-27-2005 09:00 PM

by the way, my future project is a CRX with a b16a1 that will put all of you Prelude Vtec's to shame.. just a say, I love Preludes tho.

oh, is that the setup you came up with after that thread you made? :rolleyes:

davidn71 03-28-2005 07:40 AM

Damn dude... you said you hate the ricer look, yet you're puting neons, and stickers, and all that happy crap on your car, not to mention the fact that you're painting your hood to "look carbon fiber" You do realize that the carbon fiber isn't just for looks. It helps to reduce the weight of your car.... I don't need to see your car to judge it, I already know it's gonna look fuggin stupid... and believe me, we aren't the only ones that are gonna frazz the shit outta you...

You also said it's got that "sleeper look".... Not with stickers all over the damn place, and neons and a stupid ass flame thrower kit... And besides.... to be a sleeper, you hafta be fast, which you aren't....

Peace.

LudaRacer555 03-28-2005 04:07 PM

alrite man, no time to listen to your crap, you can talk, but thats nothing man. I dont give a rats a$$ what you think. I love my car, its all that matters, so you just chill dude and mind your own sh*t. Also, i havent met one person that told me that the car looks bad, all I get is compliments on how good it looks. well, im not gona try to prove it to you cause you dont matter..you havent even seen it.. wow. so just cut the crap.

davidn71 03-28-2005 05:35 PM

Well, the people that have been complimenting you probably don't know you're going to spray paint your hood black to make it look like carbon fiber...

I crown you king of rice-ville.... Congrats!

LudaRacer555 03-28-2005 06:13 PM

actually there are tons of people who have painted their hoods black to get the CF look,that are not Ricers. so go and google it.
What does your car do in 1/4 mile? I bet I can take you.
I just dont understand how you can say bad stuff about things you havent even seen., well I guess some people are like that. because my car looks good and youre just fukin jealous cause youre stuck with a civic with oversized rims that dont match the car, and no matter what youll do with it, IT WILL STILL BE a civic.

kenton 03-28-2005 06:17 PM

Alright man, I got the parts list for your CRX-

- Tornado fuel saver
- Air filter jammed into throddle body
- 2x12" neons for under the hood, 2x48" neons for sides and 2x36" neons for front/rear
- Turbonator
- 4" Turbonator-back exhaust with two dual tip mufflers
- 13" steelies
- eBay a/f $5 modchip
- Altezza lights
- Type-R badging
- Cut springs

LudaRacer555 03-28-2005 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by kenton
Alright man, I got the parts list for your CRX-

- Tornado fuel saver
- Air filter jammed into throddle body
- 2x12" neons for under the hood, 2x48" neons for sides and 2x36" neons for front/rear
- Turbonator
- 4" Turbonator-back exhaust with two dual tip mufflers
- 13" steelies
- eBay a/f $5 modchip
- Altezza lights
- Type-R badging
- Cut springs

uum... you guys are so imature.. how old are you all?

LudaRacer555 03-28-2005 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did a little photoshoping and this is basically what my car will look like after i paint the rims and the hood. and I dont think Thats rice. and looks a way better than your fukin civic. SO **** OFF.

Snoopy 03-28-2005 07:16 PM

holy shit your photoshopping sucks. the car too. :down:

LudaRacer555 03-28-2005 07:27 PM

I just found a pic of how my car will look like with painted hood and then quickly colored the rims black and wrote Greddy on the windshield and a small decal on the side in my Paint Processor Program just to give you guys an idea. Thats not RICE bro. and ok, Different people have different tastes. I have mine so dont assign me yours. CAn this thread be shut down because its getting ridiculous. I dont know what u retards are trying to prove.... its not going to make me change my mind about things. PEACE ******S