Notices

Lighting issues!!!

Old 03-03-2005, 06:45 AM
kilawok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting issues!!!

Have an issue w. a 97 Prelude SH, and was wonderin if anyone could help...

The rear lights, side markers, dash lights, and power mirrors of my Prelude no longer work after hitting one of those potholes which makes your eyes begin tearing before you even stop to see what shape your rim still is in (All b/c someone decided to cut the corner coming at me). However, the brake lights, front lights, back up lights, and blinkers do still work. With the exception of the mirrors, all other power accessories are working fine.

No fuses are blown, or wire insulation melted/bubbling, so I can't seem to find a short. There was a power spike, b/c all lights not working were blown, but when switching new ones in, the new ones neither blew nor worked.

Oh, and the only mods to the electrical system were the installation of a new stereo, but only the head unit (constant on and switched power wires along with the antenna) was hooked into existing wires. The amps come right off the battery and have new wire to the speakers.

Any suggestions? I know of no common ground or power cable powering only these systems!!!!!

Thanks