Notices

F'n rear speakers...

Old 02-26-2005, 09:40 AM
TXprelude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F'n rear speakers...

Okay, so I want to put some new speakers in my '96 vtec. I've already swapped the 6.5" speakers on the rear deck, but there's another speaker(s) that's in the middle section of the back seat rests. From what I can gather, these speakers only came on the vtec model. But I can't find any way to access them to do a removal/install... I've looked for screws in the trunk and everything... am I missing something? Also does anyone know what size the speaker(s) is? This is my first prelude and I've only had it for 3 months.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:07 AM
PreDude1
"Local Neighborhood Pimp"

If you are talking about the speaker in the middle between ur rear seats it a 6x9 speaker and its only one.. u might have to remove ur rear seats to replace.. also the 6-1/2 both of them are a b**** as well but good luck...
Old 02-28-2005, 02:12 PM
NoShoAccord

It's only one mid-bass subwoofer. Obviously, since it's OEM, it's junk.

Do you have a single 6x9 to replace it with?? You need to replace it with a mid-bass woofer again if you want to benefit from it's location/purpose. Kicker used to make them. I haven't seen any for sale in a while though.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:43 PM
TXprelude

thanks for the replies guys... I managed to pull the speaker out since it was a piece of trash and rattling like crazy, but you're right, I can't find a replacement anywhere online...
Old 03-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

You see them on ebay every now and then. What you're looking for is a 6x9" free air woofer