Notices

Question about clutch slave cylinder...

Old 02-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Dual Stage VTEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about clutch slave cylinder...

Ok, here's what's happening...

My clutch fluid reservoir goes bone dry... I lose all pressure in my clutch pedal... and I can't push the shifter into any gear, no matter how hard I try.

About once a week, I'll have to pour DOT3 in the reservoir and keep pumping the pedal to get bubbles out and get pressure back.

Is my slave cylinder going bad? Or is it something else?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Old 02-01-2005, 03:59 PM
ludeboom

u need to locate the leak, and it is DEFINITELY LEAKING
follow the clutch line from the reservoir to the slave cylinder, if u see and moisture (liquid) on any of the lines thats the culprit
the line runs from the reservoir along the rear crossmember to just below the passenger side strut tower above the rear of the tranny> Here you will find the clutch damper, from here it runs to a bracket on top of the tranny under the main wiring harness, there is a 14mm bolt connecting the rubber hose from the damper to the steel line on top of the tranny, the steel line runs along the edge of the tranny where it meets the cylinder head under the distributor and then down the front near the starter and finally to the slave cylinder. The key here is that if u are losing as much fluid as you claim then this should be easy because there should be alot of fluid visible at the leak.
If the boot of the slave cylinder appears moist then its likely the problem.

Try having some1 pump the clutch while u watch and listen under the hood.

~kris
Old 02-01-2005, 06:54 PM
prelood

Yeah sounds like a major leak.

I was just driving one day a few weeks ago and both my master and slave cylinders just totally died, had to replace both of them.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Homer2Nyce

wow... just fixed the same exact problem about 2 weeks ago... master cylinder went bad... needed to be replaced... slave cylinder was still good but it needed to be replaced too because some1 snapped a bolt in the bleeder hole which meant that the whole system could not be bled... im about %90 sure thats your problem.