Notices

reverse glow gauge malfunction...

Old 01-29-2005, 12:36 AM
typeSHpapi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse glow gauge malfunction...

hi, i recently installed reverse glow gauges in my car, but the needles stick to the new gauges... apparantly the face of the gauge is too thick.... does anyone know if there is anything i can do to fix it.. or will i have to deal with it?
Old 01-29-2005, 09:30 AM
yankee81116

Maybe if u put some rubber cement or some other type of glue between ur old gauges and ur indiglo ones it would make them stick together better....thus giving u more room for ur needles....jus an idea
Old 02-01-2005, 06:52 PM
typeSHpapi

ok... now i fix the needle... it's not sticking no more... now my new problem is the fact that i f***ed up the calibration of the rpm needle...does anyone know if this can be fixed.. or am i gonna have to deal with it?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Dual Stage VTEC

Originally Posted by yankee81116
Maybe if u put some rubber cement or some other type of glue between ur old gauges and ur indiglo ones it would make them stick together better....thus giving u more room for ur needles....jus an idea
Why did you leave your old gauges on behind the new ones? Take the old gauges out, they aren't needed in there anymore..

And what exactly is your RPM needle doing?

Matt
Old 02-02-2005, 08:37 AM
yankee81116

Well I sorta had the same prob.....my speedo was off by 30 mph....I took off my speedo needle and jus put it back on a bunch of times until it read correctly.....it was jus trial and error...took me about 5 tries....however you must be VERY careful with the needle....i cannot stress that more.....when ur putting the needle back dont put too much pressure on it...jus enough to get it to stay there.....be very careful.....i cannot say that enough...do it at ur own risk
Old 02-02-2005, 08:40 AM
yankee81116

Originally Posted by Dual Stage VTEC
Why did you leave your old gauges on behind the new ones? Take the old gauges out, they aren't needed in there anymore..

And what exactly is your RPM needle doing?

Matt
Im thinking about getting new gauges too....how hard is it to take off the old gauges.....do I have to use a razor to put a cut in em or wat????
Old 02-02-2005, 08:30 PM
typeSHpapi

ok... what's wrong with my rpm needle is this...... when i'm stopped (parked), the needle rests at around 2k rpm. istead of 0 rpms.. and the other problem is that, as i'm riding and the needles goes up, it sort momenteraly stops. but not long pauses, just quick ones. like if it bumbs into something or something. exept it doesn't because i made sure that the needle wasn't dragging against the gauge face, nor against anything...i guess i'll try what yankee81116 said and put the needle back... but i think that the needle jumping problem is there for good..
Old 02-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Dual Stage VTEC

Originally Posted by typeSHpapi
ok... what's wrong with my rpm needle is this...... when i'm stopped (parked), the needle rests at around 2k rpm. istead of 0 rpms.. and the other problem is that, as i'm riding and the needles goes up, it sort momenteraly stops. but not long pauses, just quick ones. like if it bumbs into something or something. exept it doesn't because i made sure that the needle wasn't dragging against the gauge face, nor against anything...i guess i'll try what yankee81116 said and put the needle back... but i think that the needle jumping problem is there for good..

When you say the car is parked, do you mean that it's actually turned off? Because if it's on and you're parked, then the needle is not supposed to be at 0 RPMs.. When your engine is idle, it's still turning the pistons, causing revolutions.. So when you're idle, your RPM gauge will read in between 500-1500. 2000 is a little high in my opinion. To fix the jumpy needle, take the gauge cluster back out and make sure the plugs leading into both sides of the cluster are put in properly and all the way. They may need cleaned a little. After this is done, it should work. NEVER remove the needles.. That is a big big NO NO in import autos..

Let me know how it turns out.

Matt