Notices

Front door speakers and keyless entry install on a '98?

Old 01-20-2005, 03:38 PM
tkh329

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front door speakers and keyless entry install on a '98?

Hey, I just bought a '98 base with an SS but it seems that the front right speaker is blown (at least i'm assuming thats why it sounds bad and rattles?). I've had a little bit of experience with basic car audio when I put in new speakers and CD player in a '92 accord and a new CD player in an '01 Hyundai Sonota. My question is, how difficult is it to put in new front door speakers in a Prelude? I was planning on just ordering some shallow Infinity 6.5s from Crutchfield... any reason this might not work?

My second question is, while i'm taking the prelude apart, how hard is it to put in a basic keyless entry system? Any recommendations as to brands/systems etc?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Shingo BB6

i don't know about the keyless entry system. but about your speakers, are you still running on a stock head unit? if so it might be a little bit difficult since the 5th gens have an acoustic feed back system. should look like a little black box. if you're not running a stock head unit, you can completely bypass the acoustic feedback. if not, you'll have to run the speaker through there.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:27 AM
Ohio99Lude

If it is the front doors don't worry about the Acoustic Feedback System because the front two speakers don't use it. The back two are the only ones that use the system. The head unit does not do the processing for the system as well. It is all done in the trunk of the car by the 6x9s in the back. If you still want the tweeters in the door to work get a component speaker. The following link will explain everything you need to know about the audio system in a 5th gen prelude.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/v/i/vidgamer/preludeaudio.html
Old 01-23-2005, 04:19 AM
tkh329

Thanks a lot. It is the front door speakers so the AFS shouldn't be a problem. By real question is, am i going to run into any problems when i have to (i assume) take apart the door panel etc? Also, i need speakers with less than a 2" mounting depth? Oh, Ohio99Lude, the link doesn't seem to be working, maybe its just temporary. Thanks

Edit: Link is working now. thanks