Notices

Prelude SH Question!

Old 01-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Andyroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude SH Question!

hey everyone, i've checked a lot of different suspension setups like koni yellows and teins and stuff and a lot say that they aren't compatible with the 97up prelude SH models. im guessing its cause of the atts stuff; o ya, and also some turbo applications arent compatible. but, thing is, i see a lot of pictures of preludes online and most are SH and they're all dropped. so, my question is, does it matter if ur car is SH or not when it comes to suspension setups? will it affect the ATTS if u swap out ur full stock suspension for like a full KONI or TEIN setup?? thanks.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:59 PM
ludeboom

yes u will need to make sure that the kit you buy is for a SH prelude. I know what your talking about because most places i shop online say "non-SH Prelude Only". This is either because it really wont fit, or the manufacturer just wants to be safe. To answer your question, yes, the SH supposedly has different brakes/suspension/axles. Now i cant swear to that since i dont own an SH nor have i worked on one, but from what I hear there are differences.
However all 92-01 Preludes have the same exact suspension for arguments sake. and all 93-01 Prelude's with an H22 stock have the same brakes. Except that 4th gen is 4 lug and 5th gen is 5 lug, but same calipers and same size rotors.

~kris
Old 01-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Andyroo

thanks, any other inputs for my own sake??? thanks.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:38 PM
monkey

the SH has a slight different suspension. I believe the shock assembly is different for the SH, and i can't remember exactly what is different. however, if you go with a full coilover setup or replace the part in question with an aftermarket part any prelude compatible shock will work.

it's just a question of remembering what part was different...it's either the shock collar, or the spring hat...
Old 01-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Lenn

A base shock will fit the SH, so what you need to do is find a set of base shocks, or a set of aftermarket shocks that will fit the base model, and get any set of springs that will fit the base as well. The SH has the same brakes as the base model, difference is in the axles, shocks and ATTS
Old 01-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Andyroo

so if i get a full koni yellow suspension set for example, like replacing the stock SH shocks and springs for koni shocks and coilovers, it wont be a problem correct?? or will my ATTS be all fuked up now?!?!
Old 01-13-2005, 02:58 PM
ludeboom

no the ATTS is a transfer case off the tranny, nothing to do with the struts (not shocks). if there was any problem with modding your suspension in the way that monkey/lenn recommended it would most likely be some type of contact between axles and your struts where the wishbone is, other than that the ATTS itself is a self contained unit and wont be affected by upgrading suspension.

~kris
Old 01-13-2005, 08:53 PM
boosted23
GOT BOOST?

sh stands for sport handling and its a special type of suspension setup from honda it has nothing to do with the atts thats a transfer case on the tranny