Notices

Please Help

Old 10-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Homer2Nyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

So I bought a 98 prelude a few days ago and I need some help to work out some minor things. First of all, when the previous owner had the car painted, the place he took it to took off the weather stripping around the windshield but never put it back on those &*@#$*!!! . Anyone know what I have to do to get it back on or where they might sell replacement weather stripping (web site?) cause lets just say its in "ok" condition. Or possibly even where I can bring it to have it done? Second, the remote to my alarm works when it wants, which is not often. Anyone have a remote they dont want or know a site where I wont get ripped off for a new one? And last, for now, I want a better shift boot. The one i have right now is discolored from the sun. Anyone? Please reply asap. Thanx.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Shingo BB6

you can just order the weather stripping from a Honda dealership. pretty simple install from what i've seen.

do you have an actual alarm or do you have just keyless entry? i have the keyless entry and it was doing the same thing. now it won't even lock or unlock the doors. whenever i push the button, i hear the motor as if it wants to, but it only goes halfway but doesn't lock/unlock it all the way. if it's doing this, it's probably just the relay.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:48 AM
k.a.y

These all sound like items/issues that would be best taken care of at the dealership, i'd just do that.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:23 AM
prelood

hondaautomotiveparts.com has a lot of OEM Honda stuff.