Notices

YOUR opinion on best mods for H22a?

Old 07-09-2004, 01:25 AM
Shingo BB6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why bother with a CAI? i'd rather just keep the stock airbox and drop in a K&N air filter. i've noticed better response from that than going with a CAI.

oh and suspensions is #1 in my book. i get more excitement going fast in a turn than going fast in a straight line ^_^
Old 07-09-2004, 02:43 PM
ludeboom

food for thought
i beat a full bolt on GTI-VR6 (mid nineties)... i had only a header and stock exhaust. stock airbox. very close race but i edged him out 0-120
the next weekend i lost to the same kid with his same setup, by about a car to 120 and he was pulling unlike the first race. difference is that i had my AEM short pipe on...

so i would have to agree the stock intake is best...im thinking about getting a K+N drop in and ditching my AEM. with removed resonator of course.

besides that, a fully built turbo h22a is insane.
DOHC VTEC + BOOST + trimmed overlap =

~kris
Old 07-11-2004, 06:07 PM
h22lude

Go to preludeonline and search a lot. It is the best site for ludes

To give you a little help. FI on a h22 is no good. Well, if you build bottom end and not drive really hard then it will last and give you good HP but if you don't build bottom end and not watch your engine then you have a good rate of doing something to it. If you do go FI make sure you have back up money to fix your engine. It may not happen if you get it tuned by a good tuner but the chance is there.

NA is safe but not as much HP possible. By the way, a CAI is a good way to get cold air into you engine but a SRI has better throttle response. THen if you get a short ram system, you get cold air and good throttle response.

N2O is good but also not as safe as NA.

Just remember, what ever you do, the best thing to do is get a really good tuner. Pay the $6 for PO and search around the site for a while.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:48 AM
4thgenlude

Originally Posted by Shingo BB6
oh and suspensions is #1 in my book. i get more excitement going fast in a turn than going fast in a straight line ^_^
Im with u on this one, drivin fast on corners is a lot funner than just drivin fast
Old 07-12-2004, 01:31 PM
ludeboom

Originally Posted by h22lude
Go to preludeonline and search a lot. It is the best site for ludes

To give you a little help. FI on a h22 is no good. Well, if you build bottom end and not drive really hard then it will last and give you good HP but if you don't build bottom end and not watch your engine then you have a good rate of doing something to it. If you do go FI make sure you have back up money to fix your engine. It may not happen if you get it tuned by a good tuner but the chance is there.

NA is safe but not as much HP possible. By the way, a CAI is a good way to get cold air into you engine but a SRI has better throttle response. THen if you get a short ram system, you get cold air and good throttle response.

N2O is good but also not as safe as NA.

Just remember, what ever you do, the best thing to do is get a really good tuner. Pay the $6 for PO and search around the site for a while.
if u build the bottom end you will be fine. that consists of pistons/rods/sleeves.
sleeves are necessary because forged pistons will **** up the FRM liner.
other than the block everything else is solid. stock head is fine, bigger injectors are also a must.

~kris
Old 07-12-2004, 02:14 PM
h22lude

^^^ that is what I was saying. A new head gasket will be good too.