Notices

Engine sputter upon acceleration on gas paddle!!! --Help--

Old 08-08-2004, 08:24 PM
boostlee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the new fuel filter a honda one? did u use honda factory parts for the cap and rotor spark plugs? and the wires the stock ones. almost sounds like the spark is arching somewhere. check from the coil the the distributor to cap, cte.

see if it stutter if the rev it with the hood open if so you might see if the spark is arching somewhere

goodluck
Old 04-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Eddie602

My 2004 Honda Civic is also sputtering upon acceleration. I brought it to Auto Zone and had it scanned. It brought up only one problem: the acuator arm under the valve cover. Anyone ever experienced this problem with an acuator arm?
Old 06-01-2014, 10:08 PM
B0GIE

I would pull the plug and coil wires and test them for resistance. Easy route is to ID any that have much higher resistance than the others (The long time automotive "rule of thumb" for standard passenger car application has been 6k per foot and not more than 18k for any cable. This resistance is based on the need to use TV and Radio Suppression cables(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ch/GaXLwyGDpRA )). I would inspect each plug wire at their connectors and along the entirety of its casing ensuring there are no spots that may have gotten a little too close to that likely exposed exhaust. I am lazy so I only check one plug wire at a time, keeps me from remembering where they go. Next we need to inspect the plugs check how tightly your plug is screwed into the head while removing your plug on a cool engine. by turning your socket counter clockwise, the direction you would turn to loosen it. I am willing to bet that on a cold engine you'll find loose plugs. When you're making a demand on the engine it sends more fuel into the engine cylinder and that blows out the loose plugs. maybe check the tip of the spark plug that fits into the plug boot to ensure there isn't a loose tip on the plug. I have found that on many of my Hondas that I buy used have loose plugs. May be endemic to all models. Likely a byproduct of our many high mileage vehicles and different metals??