Notices

leather seats help?

Old 01-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Prelude00Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather seats help?

im gettin 2 tone italian leather w/ prelude written where your back would be. the front 2 seats and the back to black/red soft italian leather...

i seen the companies work, my boys best friend works there and is charging me $810 for that... i think its a lil tiny bit to pricy but who ever is good w/ leather lemme know?

and if you know a website that i can get sometihn better and cheaper reply back!
Old 01-15-2004, 04:58 AM
oscarhmoyano

Hi, i was a couple months before looking on e-bay for a complete cover replacement because i have a prelude SE with leather but i was looking for something new since my lude is a 95 this company offer me a replacement for $250.00 but they ask me to send my seat covers (leather) and he was going to send me back a new ones, i tough it was such pain and i didn't went forward, just go to ebay and look for "honda seat covers"

For a 1997+ this link will help:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2454312977

I thik this is the same guy that offer me for my 1995 prelude but i'm not sure
I hope this was helpful!
Oscar
Old 01-27-2004, 12:17 PM
nextgenholmes
Senior Member Wannabe

810 doesn't sound that bad for a seat because you are asking for a custom seat. they arent the cheapest thing to make and actually look good.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:33 PM
jc836

I have my thoughts on this one. Check out E&G Classic for the very top of the line in leather seating. They do our cars and have done a number of award winning street rods. The upholstery shop I use has done interiors for many rods, customs, restorations and people like me. They swear by the qwuality of the covers from E&G versus the other guys (2 of them actually). You will pay more for the stitching that you describe. Also make very sure about the quality of the leather itself. There are a number of grades-so be careful.
Price is going to be whatever it is in your area. Typically the covers themselves go for over $600 for a Prelude. Remember that the seat backs will be in vinyl-unless you want to pay extra for ALL-leather. Only the seat surface you touch is leather. Some kits go for more. You will pay for labor accordingly. My car came to over $1200 when it was finished and it took them 1.5 days to complete. I love it regardless of cost.