Notices

stock speakers removal...

Old 12-08-2003, 03:19 AM
SHhh sleeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock speakers removal...

hey guys i wanna know if removing the stock speakers from the 5th gen prelude is any different from any other car. there are 2 black boxes(one small on on the left side, and a bigger one on the right side) in the trunk behind the 6x9s. are they part of the speakers...would i need to remove them ? and if not , if i re mount them in a different spot, is it gonna affect anything? any ifo will be appreciated. thanks
Old 12-08-2003, 07:25 AM
jc836

The 5th gen stereo has what is known as AFS (acoustic Feedback system). It uses a microphone in each of the rear deck speakers. If you are keeping the stock head unit and amps then these are generally required (work-around-maybe). If you intend to completely replace the system you do not need them. The Helm is very helpful.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:27 PM
SHhh sleeper

yea i plan on replacing it all even the fronts...so are the 2 black boxes in the trunk the microphones???? plus im planing on putting in my boston pro series in the front...do u guys know if the tweeter will fit where the stock ones used to be ....the tweeter is goin to be 1 5/8.(thats the back of them, the size i need to have them mounted) thanks guys