Notices

car undergoing REPAIRS... HELP!

Old 12-07-2003, 05:11 PM
oodiskidshake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car undergoing REPAIRS... HELP!

i have a 2001 base prelude 5 speed.. just yesterday... the check engine went on.. and the maintenance required light as well.. all of the sudden.. my car is going crazy... when im in 1st or 2nd gear and my foot is OFF the gas... the car goes forward and stops and forward and stops.. without me hitting the gas.. like its being controlled... i noticed my idle jumps back and forth from like 1 1/2 to like 2 1/2.... next thing i know is.. when shifting.. it aint the same.. seems like the gears arent grabbing.. or i should say like when i shift then i hit the gas.. like there a slight resistance... and in every gear especially shifing to 2nd.. car jerks ... damn.. i tink it has something to do with the tranny and ecu .. i know when i got car.. i had to fix the timing.. cuz my car kept turning off.. and everythoing was okay..til NOW... !! ANYONE.. who had same problem or has any input plz reply..
Old 12-09-2003, 02:35 PM
oodiskidshake

Default YAY!

ha i got my shit fixed... seems that there was a loose component in the idle valve... whihc was the "tickinngg" sound... so for all you people who tink "the ticking" can be fixed just be adjusting yur valves.. it could be a loose component in the idle valve.. also.. i had to rpelace the map sensor.. and reset the idle... below 1.. woo hoo! now i can start my JDM project :naughty:
Old 12-09-2003, 04:18 PM
ludeboom

the real problem is that its a 5g
damn obd2 sensors always breaking :chuckles:

h22aOnEoWnZu

ahaha

~boom