Notices

Radio Frequencies

Old 11-10-2003, 05:46 AM
Galnred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Frequencies

Hi,

I've got a 2001 Prelude that I've brought over to Germany with me from the States. What I would like to find out is the Model of the Factory Stereo, so that I can find instructions to make it pick up all the European stations. Here in Europe they use stations like 100.2 and 100.4 along with the 100.1 and 100.3, where in the States we only use 100.1 and 100.3. Does anybody have an idea where I can find this information. I can't find a model number in my owners manual.

Thanks,

Galnred
Old 11-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Bones45

wow...good luck with that one!
Old 11-11-2003, 05:43 PM
4thgenlude

woah..... sounds complicated
Old 11-17-2003, 02:29 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

You will have to purchase the European model of radio, since the tuner is different. Shouldn't be hard to find a replacement head unit for your car anywhere in Europe. It's the same 12 volts, same amplifier design, same everything except for the tuner. If you want the factory replacement, I'm sure it's the same there as it is in the States: go to the dealer and get hosed, or find a place that sells them used for a good deal.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Galnred

Default I've been told

I've been told that it is generally possible to reprogram the radio I already have. I'd like to try that route if possible. Anybody have a clue where I might find the Alpine model number? It is Alpine that makes the factory radios, right?

Galnred
2001 5-speed Milano Red 'Lude
Old 11-19-2003, 01:22 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World
Default Re: I've been told

Originally posted by Galnred
I've been told that it is generally possible to reprogram the radio I already have. I'd like to try that route if possible. Anybody have a clue where I might find the Alpine model number? It is Alpine that makes the factory radios, right?

Galnred
2001 5-speed Milano Red 'Lude
The head unit is made by Panasonic, and if there is a way to reprogram the tuner on different frequency scale, you would need to get that directly from Panasonic. But generally tuners are tuned from the factory to the scale of the country of destination.