Notices

30D v XS

Old 05-04-2009, 04:23 PM
scotttharobot
beer here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaymar88
Isn't always in your best interest to get the fastest glass you can? the price difference betweent he F4 and F2.8 is pretty crazy.

I forgot to mention that my buddy got in on that d200 deal and I got to shoot with it. UGH i hate him so much.

D200+battery grip+sb600+85mm 1.4 = fun fun fun. He also got a lowepro sling bag. I hate him.
well, the faster, the better in low light, and obviously less depth of field. it takes alot more to make a constant 2.8 zoom, and it's reflected in the price.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:32 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by jaymar88
Isn't always in your best interest to get the fastest glass you can? the price difference betweent he F4 and F2.8 is pretty crazy.

I forgot to mention that my buddy got in on that d200 deal and I got to shoot with it. UGH i hate him so much.

D200+battery grip+sb600+85mm 1.4 = fun fun fun. He also got a lowepro sling bag. I hate him.
it's 1/2 a step. F4 is more than enough imo for prosumers. it's not like you can use the 70-200L f/2.8 indoor anyways. even if you were to use it for a indoor basket ball f/4 is fast enough. with the advance in noise levels for higher iso settings, you're better off bumping the iso imo.

my 80-400 is more than enough for outdoor shooting and I can easily use it for basketball games. in those situations what you really want is reach not faster lens.

i almost bought the d200... my d70 was giving a chr error but I cleared it in 5seconds and it never came back :hs: mostly happy
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:58 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Honestly as long as you don't mind dropping the couple hundred bucks difference in upgrading to a new body and it makes you happy then go ahead. But if it were between upgrading the body and getting a new lens, but not both, I'd go for another lens. What lenses do you have right now?

(Btw, fastest lens doesn't necessarily mean best image quality. Actually the faster the max aperture, the more trick the optics have to be to give good IQ.)