Notices

First DSLR

Old 05-02-2014, 08:01 PM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First DSLR

So I thought I'd take a shot at reviving this section of The Basement. I have recently went to a class for my job called Photoshop for CSI. I've have used Photoshop for years now, but I had always edited other people's images or had created my own. But while I was in that class, I had used a DSLR for the first time to take the images I was editing. It gave me the bug to try to get into photography, which I've always wanted to do but never had the money for a decent camera, until recently. So I went out and bought a Nikon D5100, an honestly my only reason for choosing that camera was that was the make/model camera I had used for that recent class. I've been watching videos on composition, rule of thirds and how to just use the camera in general. Now granted, I haven't followed the rule of thirds much, but I'm working on it.

Here are a few shots that I've taken, they're nothing great but I'm still learning. My question for everybody is, what was your first DSLR?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84587[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84588[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84589[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84590[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Kitty_zpsbf8314d9.jpg (39.2 KB, 5 views)
CollegeSign_zps1507d462.jpg (64.0 KB, 6 views)
TypeS_zpsfbb2cb44.jpg (27.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 PM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First DSLR was a canon xs silver body with kit lens. Best thing you can do is read the manual and shoot often in all sorts of light. www.creativeblissstudios.com - just some splash images of our wedding work.