Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

MUST SELL: '01 s2000, 23k miles, $24,000

Old 04-06-2003, 01:55 PM
munckee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MUST SELL: '01 s2000, 23k miles, $24,000

Ok, I've had this listed for a while and have had quite a bit of interest, but no committed buyers. I have reduced the price again because I really need to sell it.

IMPORTANT INFO:
YEAR: 2001
MODEL: Honda S2000
COLOR: Black exterior with black interior.
MILEAGE: 23k

PRICE: $24,000. The includes over $2000 worth of upgraded parts as listed below. I believe this price is VERY reasonable. If you want to make me an offer, feel free.

HARDTOP: The price of $24,000 does NOT include the removeable hardtop. The hardtop is negotiable if you're interested in. The soft top is still on the car; it folds and fits underneath the hardtop when not in use.

CONDITION: The car is in excellent condition. Please bear in mind, however, that it is a used car and is my daily driver. It has a couple of small door dings and a couple of scratches. None of these are major and none can be seen from more than a couple of feet away. The interior is clean and in great shape. There are three very small black plugs on the black dash from where I removed a cell phone mount that I had there. The title is CLEAR.

UPGRADES: The car has the following upgraded parts on it: comptech swaybars, comptech height adjustable springs, Apex-i WS exhaust, AEM CAI, clear headlights, clear sidemarkers, OEM wheels painted black, R-1 spoiler

WARRANTY: There is a year left on the original honda warranty (3yr/36kmiles).

TRADES: I'm not looking for a trade. Sorry.

OTHER INFO: The spoiler is removable; I would imagine that it would not be very costly at all to patch the trunk lid were you to decide to remove the spoiler. I also have an Amuse style front lip as well as an OEM front lip; I would be happy to sell either one for a reasonable price.

PICTURES:

If you have any questions or need any more info, please drop me an EMAIL at munckee@hotmail.com

If you post here, I will try to get back to you, but I don't always get the notification emails from the site to come and check the thread.
Old 04-06-2003, 02:04 PM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

Hey,

I'm not trying to knock your price down or anything like that, but you're asking too much for a car that's been heavily modified. Thats the reason people save all their OEM stuff so they can put it back to stock if they ever decide to sell it. If i had 24k laying around and looked at your car, I wouldn't buy it, sorry!

You might strick it rich with someone who has the exact same taste as you did(spoiler, black rims, etc)and you can get your money's worth.

And btw, how well are those OEM alloys painted? Powder coat? Professionally done? Just wondering!

Just trying to be real!

Hope you sell it though! Good Luck!

Dave
Old 04-06-2003, 02:28 PM
munckee

Ok, first of all, what's the deal? Do you people purposely go out of your way to ruin sales for everyone else? Did you stop to think that perhaps a post like this might influence the purchase intent of someone else who reads the thread?? If you don't want the car, don't buy it! But what's the point of saying something that might change someone else's mind?

Now that being said, there are only two mods on this car that are visible: the spoiler and the wheels. The spoiler could be removed and the trunk lid patched for probably a couple of hundred dollars.

The wheels either you like or you don't, but they could be easily replaced. The other mods are not visible and should hold little bearing, at least at the outset, for someone who was interested in the car. All of the mods could be removed and replaced with OEM parts very cheaply; in fact the buyer could easily MAKE MONEY buy selling the aftermarket parts and replacing them with OEM parts. I'd be happy to furnish a list of interested buyers.

This is the only s2000 that I've seen listed in my area for under $26000. So even with the mods taken into consideration, a buyer could remove the wing and get stock wheels and still save money by purchasing this car over another one in my area.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:09 PM
hondav6

well, i have to tell you, if i was around your area, i would buy the car from you....nice work....its a shame to see her go!

Greg
Old 04-06-2003, 09:19 PM
slpycd7
H22 fo lyfe!

I've been seriously looking into a S2k lately, but have no flo. I gotta agree with munkee on this one, he's selling that car below price it should be. I'd love to have that car with mods and everything, but like i said no flo

Bump for him.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:08 AM
munckee

Thanks for the support. I don't see how anyone can complain with a price this cheap, but people do find a way. TTT
Old 04-08-2003, 05:10 AM
hondav6

Originally posted by munckee
Thanks for the support. I don't see how anyone can complain with a price this cheap, but people do find a way. TTT

Can't you move to the east coast for just a day or two? I would love to take her off of your hands!
Old 04-08-2003, 05:13 AM
munckee

Originally posted by hondav6
Can't you move to the east coast for just a day or two? I would love to take her off of your hands!
I'm afraid I can't move to the east coast, but I can do everything in my power to make an easy purchase for you! Shipping is very easy and not terribly expensive. Plane tickets are even cheaper and it would make an AWESOME springtime drive. Or, if you really don't have time, you could fly down and take a peek at it and then ship it back if you decide to purchase. Just a few thoughts. I would imagine that you could pay shipping and still come out ahead of what a lot of other places are charging.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:16 AM
hondav6

well, i have already done the drive to oklahoma to pick up my current vehicle, that was a trip for sure. I don't know if I am ready to do another. Shipping would possibly run about 1g from texas to my door step via DAS. Im not sure, I will check on what type of monthly payment I can get from the bank, and check on insurance to see what that will run me also, if the numbers work, I will go from there
Old 04-08-2003, 05:18 AM
munckee

Originally posted by hondav6
well, i have already done the drive to oklahoma to pick up my current vehicle, that was a trip for sure. I don't know if I am ready to do another. Shipping would possibly run about 1g from texas to my door step via DAS. Im not sure, I will check on what type of monthly payment I can get from the bank, and check on insurance to see what that will run me also, if the numbers work, I will go from there
Sound great. Interest rates are definitely low right now. I think $1k is about the MOST you could expect shipping to cost, and that would probably be in a covered carrier, etc. If you shipped it open (not too bad this time of year; no road salt, etc. to get all over the car and a good wash and wax will clean it right up when it arrives) it would probably cost a lot less.