Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

1999 Catalytic Converter

Old 01-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Thump1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Catalytic Converter

I purchased this DEC converter on December 1 2009. I purchased it for my 1999 Acura Integra after I received an error code P0420 on my CEL indicating Catalytic System Efficiency Below Threshold. I tired numberous things like replacing both oxygen sensors. I tried the cheap $150 to $180 catalytic converters with no luck. I finally decided to purchase a good converter. I bought it at PartsGeek.com for $445. The cel went off probably 50 miles after I put the converter on. Took it to the smog inspection and it passed with flying colors. I took this off the car a week before XMas, 3 week later. I still had no cell errors at that time. We sold the car and the person that purchased it lives in a county that doesn't require smog testing and he was going to put on a new exhaust which included removing the converter. I remvoed the new converter and placed the old one back on it for his transportation purposes. This converter fits the factory exhuast pipes without any modifications. It has 1 hole for the rear oxygen sensor. The front oxygen sensor on my car was in front of the converter on the exhaust pipe coming off the factory pipe.

Here are some of the specs on this converter and I never send in the warrenty card and I have the invoice and the Vehicle Inspection Report showing the car passed inspection on 12/09/09.

New aftermarket converter that is approved by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) are required to have a minimum 5 year/50,000 mile warranty for converter performance and a minimum 5 year/50,000 mile defect warranty for the physical integrity of the external shell. Installers must retain copies of the invoice and statements for four years from the date of sale or installation on the catalytic converter.

I would like to get $300 or best offer. This is a good one with 5 years of warranty left less 1 month.

Update: New price. $200 or best offer.
Attached Thumbnails 1999 Catalytic Converter-converter.jpg  

Last edited by Thump1; 02-06-2010 at 04:51 AM.