Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

1985 CRX-DX for sale, Si PARTS

Old 01-11-2003, 12:52 PM
RedRexDX
Stupid Hurts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 CRX-DX for sale, Si Engine

My Rex is for sale. It is a Red DX.

The interior has been refinished and some of it painted. No radio, but wires are intact and amplifier wiring for up to 350W is intact. Interior mods include red shift knob, red vent line, red steering wheel middle, red/black passenger handle... Red hatch box with a refinished top (the entire rear carpet was replaced with wood veneer and felt/suede). rear window trim was repainted black. Spare tire is intact, as well as original jack and handle. All leaks have been sealed. Black seat covers with a red CRX paint. roof needs to be covered, the foam is in rough condition but is not falling. sun visors are not installed but are included (wanted to get new ones). Dashboard was tightened down. shift/ebrake console was painted red. ebrake handle needs to be replaced (i was cutting the plastic cause i wanted to take it off and put a red foam one on but found out it doesnt come off). pedal bracket was replaced due to a broken clutch cable holder under the dash.

The exterior is decent. No rust anywhere. rear bumper is screwed in on one side, i backed into a lightpost in a parking lot. drivers side front fender has a small crack. the grey trim is in decent condition. there was a broken support on the hood and it has been re-welded, so it looks like someone put balogna on top of it in 2 small spots... otherwise very clean. front lip on the bumper is INTACT. passenger side door has been replaced with an 86si door (red w/ red trim) due to an accident from previous owner. pass side quarterpanel also in rough shape, but can easily be fixed by a body shop or a DIY welder. The tires are in great condition, and rims are covered by STOCK 85 hubcaps.

The engine is carbed, and was replaced, it has ~65000 miles on it. It is an Si block. the DX head and coolant holes were ported and polished, as well as the carb rebuilt and re-jetted. car had a tune-up about 20000 miles ago. EGR blockoff plate for better performance. fram filters, honda mtf/lucas oil in the tranny and valvoline 5w30 in the motor. Runs EXTREMELY well. may need a front crankshaft seal, not sure. Easily passes smog in Massachusetts.

Tranny is in great condition, it is an Si tranny with a new clutchmasters clutch and Pressure plate, lightened flywheel. clutch/pp/fly was put in about 1000 miles ago.

Known problems = may need an exhaust, the heat shield on the cat is rattling. havent looked underneath yet. This car has been autocrossed, and was driven using dealer plates, never registered/insured. Was not driven very often except to and from the track and sometimes to work for a quick thrill.

Pictures upon request!! PM me or msg me on aim for info. I am asking $1200 for my baby. all work to this vehicle has been done by me and my local machine shop. CLEAN title.

Old 01-14-2003, 03:33 PM
RedRexDX
Stupid Hurts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt