Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

FS: 1991 Honda Accord DX - 26k miles!

Old 12-23-2002, 10:05 AM
GaugeMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1991 Honda Accord DX - 26k miles!

I am selling my wife's 1991 Accord DX. This four door Accord has only 26k miles on it. She is the original owner. The car runs perfect and, amazingly, still smells new. It has a couple of small dings on it here and there but absolutely no rust. It has been properly cared for with oil changes, etc. on schedule.

You won't find a lower mileage car than this out there. Perfect for commuting to work or school, or as a winter car while the tuner car stays in the garage.

Because of the exceptionally low mileage, I am asking $6k for it, but if a serious buyer expresses interest I am open to negotiations. The car is located in Westport, CT (06880) which is about 1 hour north of NYC.

The Accord is Pewter Gray Metallic. Options include a/c (blows cold), Sports Auto transmission, and AM/FM Cassette. Crank windows and manual locks.

Email me at matt@gaugeman.com if you are interested.

Thanks-
Matt
Old 12-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Samson
chris is the devil

kelley blue book says $4750. And that includes the 27k miles.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:37 AM
GaugeMan

You are right, it does, but good luck finding another one with the low mileage. KBB does not take "scarcity" into account in their figures - they assume the car is readily and widely available, which it is not.

Besides, I did write that the price was negotiable with serious parties.

Matt
Old 12-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

but you could probably find a 91 EX with around 60k miles for less. If i were you, i would want to get the most $ too, but its not really realistic. A low miles engine doesnt mean its in good condition. Parts still need to be replaced due to the age.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:39 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

What's a Sports Auto transmission :thumbup:
Old 12-23-2002, 05:04 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by Cashis EG8
What's a Sports Auto transmission :thumbup:
it has the "sport mode" on the auto shifter... it holds the shifting a little longer. All the 4th gen's have it.
Old 12-24-2002, 03:19 AM
GaugeMan

Originally posted by Samson
but you could probably find a 91 EX with around 60k miles for less. If i were you, i would want to get the most $ too, but its not really realistic. A low miles engine doesnt mean its in good condition. Parts still need to be replaced due to the age.
Sampson, 60k miles is not 26k miles, not even close. Twice the mileage, twice the wear and tear, etc. This single owner Accord is in excellent condition and has been properly maintained according to the owner's manual standards. Nothing needs to be replaced.

I appreciate your wisdom and advice but I am in no rush to sell the car for less than what it is worth. I know the right buyer will come along. Let's do this. When I sell the car I will come back and post what I got for it, ok?

Matt
Old 12-24-2002, 07:25 AM
Samson
chris is the devil

less miles, but 12 yrs old doesnt mean the car is in perfect condtion... the same maintenance should have been done, if say the car had 123k miles. Parts, belts etc.... deteriorate over time. But if you can get 6k, go for it... because the more you get the better.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:46 PM
GaugeMan

As I promised, I have come back to post when the Accord was sold. The new owner took possession of it today for $5,500. I turned down a lot of offers in the $5k range because I knew someone right would come along. I found a real knowledgeable buyer who had the car inspected by a Honda expert, who of course gave it a clean bill of health.

After driving the car for the past month I am going to say that I will miss it. Ever since I owned an Integra GS-R when I lived in Tokyo a few years back I have been impressed with Honda quality. I am glad that this little Accord is going to a good home but I am sorry to see it go. If only I had another bay in my garage to save it for a future child or nephew or niece!

Matt