Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

1999-2000 Civic CF Carbon Fiber Hood $100 NYC North NJ

Old 02-17-2005, 02:13 PM
saxqtzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999-2000 Civic CF Carbon Fiber Hood $100 NYC North NJ

Hey Guys,

Up for sale is a used 99-00 Civic Carbon Fiber Hood

Was told it was a fiber images hood but i'm not sure, unless fiber images has a mark somewhere on the hood i'm not aware of. Does not have a badge or anything.

Does not come with pre-drilled squirter holes.

I am the second owner of the hood, purchased from ebay on 5/01 for $340. The original owner had the hood on his car for 1k miles before having to return his car under a lease... I've owned the hood for 4 years. I originally had the hood on a 99 Civic for 10k miles before selling the car about 2.5 years ago. I just recently picked up a 98 Civic and converted it to a 99-00 front end and used the hood for another 1K miles. The hood basically for the most part was stored in the garage until I picked up my second civic.

Here's the reason for the low price:

The hood's cf weave started to yellow around the summer of this year because it was parked outside while I was on vacation for 4 months. It's still shiny but the weave is still partially yellow. I'm not sure if this can be fixed or not but I'm not in the mood to try because I'm picking up another hood this weekend.

The original bolt ends that are epoxy'd in the inside of the hood's skeleton must have been broken off inside due to the original owner tightening the bolts to much thus breaking the epoxy. I had to dremel the side of the hood (skeleton portion) and use hex nuts to bolt it down. The original 10mm bolts are useless for this hood.

I am located in North Jersey and would prefer to have this picked up because of the size. Shipping would make this not worth it.

Here are some pics but I'll get more detailed and clearer pictures tomorrow morning. Thanks again.

BTW, not sure why the hood came out green but it might be due to the lighting and the yellow :P And there looks like theres a gap between the fenders this is due to the passenger side fender being damaged, not the hood.

Old 02-17-2005, 07:40 PM
SpeeedFreak

I'll take it...........
Old 02-17-2005, 07:40 PM
SpeeedFreak

gonna pm U............bump