Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

Bi-Xenon (HID) headlamps for 2003 Civic (non-Si)

Old 01-17-2004, 12:53 PM
A03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bi-Xenon (HID) headlamps for 2003 Civic (non-Si)

Up for sale is my set of OEM 2003 EX headlights that have been modified with Hella Bi-Xenon projectors. Instead of using the OEM halogen reflector to aim light, these lamps use a projector made for a xenon lamp. The output from OEM xenon projectors is wider, and more powerful then any halogen to xenon retrofit should ever provide. In addition to killer xenon low beams, these projectors have a moving internal shield that allows you to switch to high beams instantly using the same xenon bulb.

I am offering the completed headlamp assemblies, all bulbs, with a pair of OE Philips HID 4100K bulbs and a set of Matsushita ballasts from a Nissan 350Z. The only additional parts you will need to complete the install and get OEM quality bi-xenon light is a wiring harness to power the ballasts through relays. Generally this will consist of two relays (one for each headlight) two fuses (one for each relay) and the associated wiring and terminals needed to complete the circuits. The wiring is fairly straight forward and anybody with some electrical experience should be able to complete the installation process without much trouble. (If you've installed car audio amplifiers/equipment you can handle this)

The price that I am looking to get for the assemblies, bulbs and ballasts is $650. Once they are sold, a $25 donation will go straight to honda-acura.net. Due to fees, duties and complications with shipping outside of the US, I'd like to restrict the sale of these lights to people within the US only.

Any questions can be directed to me in this thread, and I will do my best to answer them.

Thank you.

Old 01-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Oxygen795

could you sell the HID kit ?
Old 01-18-2004, 10:17 AM
A03

The HID bulbs in these headlights will not fit any type of headlamp except for cars that came with OEM xenon lights. The bulbs are standard based D2S, not adapted to fit an H4 or any other halogen socket.

I could get you a set of bulbs and ballasts, but I don't know what good they would do you unless you had a car that used OEM xenon bulbs. -- You see, the stock reflector is no longer in use in these headlights. The bulb is going straight into the xenon projector.

Have you seen the newer Mercedes ML on the road with xenon projectors? Thats what these are, bi-xenon Hella projectors, just fitted to Civic housings.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Daniel

Bump!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:33 PM
A03

Picture of the included ballasts (Matsushita) OEM on 350Z and G35 coupe.

Old 01-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump for some HARD WORK.

Nicely done, don't see too many people do things- the right way.

:thumbup:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net