Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Evolution vs Creationism

Old 10-14-2010, 06:28 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swaggs21
My next question to you is how do you address someone of a different skin color? Do you consider yourself as being white that they are less superior because they have not evolved as far away from the original species originator?
We do not know what skin color our proto-human ancestors had. My understanding of skin color is that people who developed in more northerly regions have less pigment to better allow them to process vitamin D. People who developed in more equitorial climates have more pigment to protect them from overexposure.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:34 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swaggs21
So, I am not real sure how this proves evolution. In the genome there are no less than around 150 errors from two parents to a child. Over a couple hundred generations, that is a lot of errors piling up, which to me seems possible.

And I don't want to confuse adaptation with evolution. Adaptation to the environment has been proving, but even in the Origin of Species, Darwin noted the birds beaks going back to original states when conditions returned to the original conditions he witnessed.
Well first off, it isn't proof of anything, just as I stated before. It's evidence.

Not to confuse adaptation with evolution: the climate, flora, etc is pretty much the same on the North rim vs. the South rim. By simple virtue of being separated, the two species diverged from each other even in the same environment. If the conditions were different, maybe they were adapting to their surroundings. I think it's a good example of how living things just up and change on their own. If those changes are advantageous, or even neutral, they stick.

Last edited by white_n_slow; 10-14-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Tyler88
sinking steps rising eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the discussion.

What if the christian God created or the process of creation made the earth old? Translations of genesis are unclear as to whether the 'days' suggested are a 24hr period or some arbitrary length of time. Creation then could have taken a long time to occur explaining certain fossils and so forth.

I don't see anything wrong with the christian God creating the world and setting evolution in motion.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:56 AM
swaggs21

Originally Posted by Tyler88
I like the discussion.

What if the christian God created or the process of creation made the earth old? Translations of genesis are unclear as to whether the 'days' suggested are a 24hr period or some arbitrary length of time. Creation then could have taken a long time to occur explaining certain fossils and so forth.

I don't see anything wrong with the christian God creating the world and setting evolution in motion.
I don't really see where translations are unclear, but I do know that is one of the main arguments about the book of Genesis.

One of the main misconceptions is that it takes fossils 10s of thousands of years to form, which is completely incorrect. A fossil can be formed in as little as days, and in some cataclysmic events much faster than that.

Almost all of the mammal fossils found are found in much higher elevations, thus telling us that they would have moved to higher ground when the floods in Noah's time came.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:00 AM
ShaolinLueb

wait wait wait, people believe the bible is a legitimate document on the creation of humans? :rofl: